1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Let your engine breathe. Show it some highway runs and maintain rpm below 2.5k. See your mileage improving. Mine is just 2.5k run , and it gives 22-24 kmpl on highways with speeds between 80-100 with 80% AC and 4 ppl on board.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard. Please post a thread in the introduction section.

As for the query about efficiency, have you reset the tripmeter since you purchased the Punto?

Do a reset, drive normally and then check mileage figures. That'll provide more correct figures.

Cheers.
  3. I was about to suggest to drive for a month with the Inst Consumption Displayed on the screen and we can revamp our driving style for better fuel efficency in city drive .

But then I saw that you are driving with a "L" . So first try this method in higways forst and then in city :)

Ajit
  4. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    This is the max mileage I could get from my TJET. NH4, somewhere 100 KMs from Bangalore.
    Average speed for the trip was 95-100 (barring the traffic infested / slow moving stretches)

16122011302.jpg
  5. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    I could get maximum of 21.8 in kerala Highways.. in city it will be around 14-16kmpl
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    The best I have got is in the city, with free flowing traffic I managed 23.4 kmpl over a 30km run to and from office, without AC.
    The best I have managed in on highways is 22.28 kmpl over 400kms on NH47, AC on all the time.
  7. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    make way guys

for here comes the show stopper ( for now)

just check the range showed by my linea one was at the begining(bangalore) and the other was when i reached vellore. it was just a small casual trip.

trip A is my overall counter

trip B was set before leaving bangalore on the elevated toll way.

i've broken my own record of 29.1kmpl by 30.6kmpl today.

when i started my trip B data, the range for the remaining fuel that was almost a little less than half tank was 646kms!!( on the elevated toll way)

and in the middle of the highway with lesser fuel, it shot up to 666kms!!!!!! after hosur.

for 192kms, the fuel needle just came down less than one fraction of the fuel indicator scale.

IMG_0011q.jpg

IMG_0015q.jpg

IMG_0017q.jpg

IMG_0018q.jpg

IMG_0019q.jpg

IMG_0020q.jpg

IMG_0022q.jpg

IMG_0023q.jpg

IMG_0024q.jpg

IMG_0025q.jpg

IMG_0026q.jpg
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    30.6 kmpl! That is insane.:confused::)

What was the total distance covered in TripB?
  9. GauravS

GauravS

Bangalore
    I've done 7K on my 1.3MJD E, the average consumption displayed is 16.6 . Do you guys know how accurate is the display ? I have not done tankful to tankful calculation yet.
  10. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    @ jayakrishnakola
    ZOMG !!! that's Amazing efficiency there ..
    will you share your driving pattern, i can see speed 60Kmph with arnd 1500 Rpm though .. how to touch the accelerator ? how you use the gearing .. and tip ?

@ GauravS
    MID average reading is almost accurate.. i have tested tankful 2 tankful method nd matched it with MID average. and there was minute difference in results.. e.g. .3 - .4
    though i could be wrong .. but it's just my observation ..
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011