1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Vasudev, That is seriously good figures for a T-Jet. My Santro hardly ever gave anything above 18.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Roy,

My Palio 1.2 never gave > 16. Matiz consistently delivered 20+ on highway drive, but for a sedan anything above 18+ is excellent.

Last drive same route I was able to see 16.5 , I was reading Ansal thread and there was a recommendation to short shift, tried this and maintained 1400 - 1750 RPM
  3. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Roy

Yes. It is possible in T Jet. I achieved 18 Km/l on Ble to Mysore once , (drove not more than 80 KMH).

But if we drive morethan 110 to 120 the FE comes down to 13 to 14KM. (I did Ble to Erode last weekend. Got FE 13.5 KM/L. Drove at 120 to 140 KMH in K.Giri to Thoppur Section)).
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    With FGT we are seeing this mileage, if we have VGT this might increase by 2 KMPL ?.
  5. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yesterday i drove 622 KM ... Its 18.0 Mileage.. Avg Speed maintained 120
  6. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Im not sure if what i feel is right. I had my cluitch slave cylinder replaced with the metal one (initially it was with the factor fitted plastic one). For some reason, i get a feeling that this gives aroudn 2 to 3 kmpl more than the plastic ones. Has anybody experienced this phenomenon?

When I look at the instanc consumption, for similar speed/rpm and road conditions, i see a couple of kms more in it as well !
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Couple of weeks back, drove to Bangalore and back in my Linea. For the onward drive, I got FE of 20.3 and for the return I got 21.3 KMPL.
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    A perfectly functioning clutch would provide better FE than an improperly functioning one. A bad clutch with slippage would definitely waste fuel.
  9. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Thx roy, guess that is what is happening to my car now !
  10. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore

How can u drive so slow in the JET :p ha ha ha???

Last month my 1.4 Dynamic gave 15.6 during visit to my native, for a overall distance of 1120 kms, I rarely drove less than 80 :D , touched top speed of 170 at Sira- Chitradurga road with full 5 people, luggage and AC.