1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    But sir fresh air would simply be the outside air. Having parked the car in an open space would've helped else the exhaust fumes could've been sucked inside when the ACC takes in air from the outside.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, gurjinder. The IOC petrol pump at Kargil was very spacious. I parked my Linea on a vast open parking lot of the petrol pump far away from the pumps just near IOC sign board adjacent to NH 1D for two reasons, health and security.:)
  3. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    41000 Kms done.

With AC on : City : 18

Highway : 20-22

Enjoy!!!
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    My FE so far..
    It has come down a bit over the last few months primarily due to a heavy right foot.

mileage.jpg
  5. Hi,

I rev at max 2.5 k RPM not crossing 100km/hr.
    I get 24 on highways
    City, I drive in Bangalore, so I don't think I event get 15.
    On highways, I have even reached a mileage of 26. May sound a little flattered, but my car performs at mileage front excellently. The crux is keep at 80@2k RPM for mileage and safe drive.
  6. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

23.6 kmpl is achieved in 1.2 Petrol. I've achieved more than 20 kmpl many times around 80 kph.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    What was the distance covered? Very impressive. On a down slope Fiat has advantage over light cars. Its weight will simply add an extra push. On my FE experiments with my 1.4 I am still learing to get an optimum use of pedal and make use of the inertia of Punto.
  8. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Just back from a very aggressive trip of 2100 kms in 2 days,3 nights with 1 night stay ! Chennai - Pandarpur (Sholapur Maharashtra) and back to Chennai ! With full luggage at the trunk, 5 people onboard, and very aggressive heavy foot driving i got an average mileage of 14.9 kmpl for the overall trip.

We were striving to reach out to 160kph whenever possible!
  9. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Thats a trip man. I think avg is good for such kind of driving. MJD owners can coment more accurately.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    chennai to bangalore -
    time taken:4 hrs (door to door 5 hrs)
    mileage: 18.5 kmpl (got more mileage than before because traffic was less hence speed variation was less)
    no of occupants: 1
    max speed: 140 didn't push further due to rainy weather.