1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

FE of my Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack

My Linea recorded good FE during my recent Leh expedition.
    The lowest recorded FE, viz., 11.2 kmpl, was recorded during our journey from Srinagar to Leh. This was due to the fact that we parked our Linea at the closed IOC petrol pump at Kargil from 3 am to 6 am and slept in the car with my Linea idling with ACC set at 20 deg C as the outside temperature was in single digit. All the figures were for two people on board, with a lot of luggage in the boot as well as the rear bench, ACC always set at 20 deg C and driving in triple-digit speed wherever the road was good.:)
  2. sungoa2010

I think the initial acceleration consume more fuel compared to other vehicles due to its weight, but once it gained the speed, the FE is very impressive. On goa highway I got 19-21 kmpl on my PETROL 1.4 FIRE. But that was with 2 adult, one child, 100% AC and very very careful driving with speed around 70-80 kmph. When there were frequent stops due to moderate traffic the FE had dropped to 16-17 kmpl. Same route with quick accelerations and over takings with speed between 70-100 usually gives 15-16 kmpl. Long highway trips (NH17)usually returns 14.5 - 16 kmpl with with maximum speed 90-110 kmpl. If one really want to enjoy the Italian music of FIRE it will return 12-14. So I will conclude that that the spectrum of FIRE is widely broader.
  3. vickku2527

vickku2527 Timido

CITY 100% A.C 16+

Highway 100% A.C 20.5+
  4. kartikail

Just had a Mumbai - Lavasa trip... so there were a lot of ghats and expressway and touching 160KPH many times and for the entire trip the FE was 13.9 KPL :)
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

140km trip to Patiala and back. 10-15km's city driving. 23kmpl for trip.
    Was touching 120 at places. Generally kept at 80.
    Very impressed as always.
  6. FE of my linea mjd

a trip to delhi and back: 600 kms with about a 100 kms of delhi city driving

Total FE: 19.7 km/l.
    Impressive :p
  7. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

City driving in Pune : 16+ kmpl [with A/C on and off ]
    Highways : 21+
    Before I got my Punto , I had met a Punto-mjd owner at Pandit Auto [pune]in March/April 2010.He was also an engineer at FIAT. He informed me ,if the car is driven proper we can achieve 25+ kmpl on highways.I did not believe him completely though .Now After going through the posts ,it seems he was right.
  8. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

OT : Isnt it risky considering so many cases of carbon monoxide poisoning ?
  9. shams

shams Esperto

bangalore to chennai 360 kms in 4 hrs 30 mins including a 15 min stop... mileage:15 kmpl, single occupant. Have done same route before with a mileage of 27 kmpl with 2 occupants and speeds not increasing 100 in 8 hrs. Hence mileage varies a lot with the way we drive.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Not at all, in auto mode, where fresh air is introduced at regular intervals. The risk of CO/CO[SUB]2[/SUB] poisoning applies to circulatory mode only.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011