1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. mindsipn

My Car: Punto 1.3 Active (BNW)

City with AC on 80 % : 14.5 to 15.5 Km/l
    Highway : 16 to 18 km/l

I just go my service done 10 days back , I dont see any difference in the mileage at all. I also don't feel there is any refinement of he engine as mentioned by some. According to the SA at Concorde Motors during the 1st Service they just do a TOP Up of all the fluids (Engine Oil, Brake Fluids etc) and a basic general check up thats all. So dont think that would make a difference in the mileage at all.
  2. mayurbhatia

Not sure if I should be worrying already. I get a constant mileage of 12 to 12.5 in city traffic (travel during peak hours - AM and PM). My car is just 2 months old and close to 1200 Kms. I believe this should improve with clocking more miles, a few highway trips and first service.

Do you guys think I should be worrying? Rains could also be a factor here.
  3. mindsipn

Initially I got the same mileage as yours at least for a couple of weeks, but trust me it will improve. Reset your trip meter every time you fill in. But ya dont think there would be any change in FE after the first service until you do a engine oil change which is not recommended by FIAT for 1st service .During the 1st service they just do a Oil Top up and a general check up thats all. I guess the FE figures will improve after the first oil change. Many here have suggested to go for an Engine oil change after 8 k. I m thinking of doing that, currently my car has done 5800 kms
  4. Sam

Sam Amatore

My car gave whooping 22.3 KMPL!!! This was when I did a 1800 kms long trip on smoothest possible highways in India!!!

City : 13-15 kmpl (depending on traffic condition)
    Highway : impressive 22.3 kmpl !!!
  5. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The best Mileage I have got is 22KMPL to Silvassa & Back. Worst I am getting is between 14-16kmpl in City all with 100% AC. The average speed I get in City is around 20kmph.
  6. My linea gives

23 kmpl if driven at max 80 kmph (Tested on Bangalore - Coimbatore - Kanyakumari route).
    21 kmpl if driven at max 100 kmph (Tested on same route back)

In city ~14 kmpl
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Vishak If I drive my 90HP Punto at speed of 80-90kmph then it gives me FE of 25kmpl, tested on Mumbai Pune Express Highway.

If I drive 90HP Punto at speed of 120+ it gives me mileage of 17-18kmpl :). Tried on Mumbai Pune Express Highway.

Lowest mileage till today from my Punto 16kmpl.
  8. My 90 HP Gave highest of 19.8 and lowest of 17.1 both on highways. Am pretty satisfied for a Car below 1000 on ODO.

But the city mileage is not crossing 13 KMPL. Once the AverageConsumption showed 15.5 but that was only once. This is what I am not satisfied.
  9. royj

royj Esperto

My recent FE figures hover around 17-18 kmpl for daily office commuting through city traffic. The worst I got recently was 13.4kmpl during a heavy traffic congestion - took 30mins to cover 1.5km AC on all the time, and best in city FE I got was 21.0kpml - light city traffic, speeds around 40-50kmph without AC. Best Highway FE was 22kmpl through the notorious unpredictable NH47 from Comibatore to Trivandrum, AC on all the time speed below 100kmph.
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Srida not to worry. Once it crosses 5k even that will increase. You will notice a change in your driving style as well by then.