1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: What's your car's Fuel Efficiency

Good going Gaurav... Yea tk it easy and be easy on the breaks initially...
  2. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Thanks Amogh. I am maintaining it between 2k to 2.5k...But kab tak :A . It is very hard for me to control. :hit :hit
  3. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Thanks Andy...will keep it in my mind.
  4. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Its just during that initial 1000kms u gotta tk care after dat u drive the car like u want to and it understands how u want it to be performing and acts accordingly.. Trust me its very true...
  5. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune

Here comes my total FE figures.... All Tankful - To - Tankful
  6. ysapre

ysapre

Mumbai

I have covered 21000 kms in LInea Petrol, however the max mileage that i have got is 13.4 and on highway crossed 14 [actual figures and not the My Car number]. I have observed that the My Car FE consumption figure and the actual calculation using full tank-full tank has a difference about 1 point. So when My car shows 13.5, the actual mileage is around 12.5 or 12.6. Has anyone experienced this and is this normal. I have been using the 2000-2500 RPM for gear change.
    After replacing the air filter with K&N, the mileage seems to have increased a bit, i am also using System-G for the past few months so the engine seems to run smoother.

Yatin
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

I've noticed a difference of 0.5 to 0.8 kms in FE between MID figure & manual tankful to tankful figure.

Fiat recommends to use normal petrol (91 or higher octane) only. It has not explicitly mentioned in manual NOT to use premium petrol unlike Diesel wherein its explicitly mentioned not to use premium diesel with additives.

System G is an additive & almost equal to using premium petrol. Though there are no big disadvantages, after several trials, I use only regular petrol with 1 fill of premium petrol in 2-3 months.

On FE, DFCO makes a huge difference in increasing FE.
    DFCO = Decceleration by Fuel Cut Off.

i.e. when you're cruising at 50-60 kmph speed & see ahead that you'll have to reduce the speed over a distance of 400-500 meters (e.g.), you do not brake, but you just take off foot from accelerator paddle completely. Accelerator not pressed/ touched, clutch not pressed/ touched & the vehicle is in gear just gliding at its own momentum. The car continues to glide itself &if you look at MID instant FE, it'll show 50 kmpl instant FE. My Linea continues to glide at min constant speed of 20 kmph in 3rd gear without touching accelerator (when decreasing from higher speed). 5th gear glides the car at ~30 kmph approax. The more you use DFCO, the higher will be FE.
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

VP,

Can we also call DFCO as coasting ?. Actually in my experience you can really drive up the FE by resorting to coasting. This morning at 5.30, while I was going to the airport I was able to drive up the FE upto 23.1 over a distance of 16 kms. Thats when I was reminded of how Andys gets his phenomenal FE figures !! :wink:

Abdul
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

I also tend to describe this method as Coasting. I am able to get 21kmpl+ on MID over 14-15kms of regular office commuting, in each direction, if the traffic is light. If the traffic is heavy, this figure drops to 17-18kmpl and if there is B2B traffic, it drops further to around 15kmpl.
  10. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Bhai log... No jokes.. Its the way you drive it and not the FUEL or additives according to me gets your FE up...

Offcourse when and where you drive also matters alot...
    I use normal Diesel with no additives and still good going with 19/20kms/l ...
    Now a days i come home late and do drive during the wee hrs on my return home in the morning...
    As of now got an FE of 18.8 still half tank of fuel to be burnt and would let u guys know the final FE during peak hrs too..

As Ashay had stated earlier drive with a light foot and that makes wonders..

Regarding high premium fuel had a bad experience on my dad's innova which started throwing smoke after which decided not to use any premium fuel on my Punto too