1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    My FE has dropped drastically off late. I am averaging 11-13 in city (With the monsoons on, Bangalore is a hell hole with jams and potholes) and 17-18 on highways. I am also noticing an increase in the engine sound. Would an oil change help this?
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Mine after 13500 is getting better and better, thanks to fiat.

18 in city.
    24 in highway.

with ac
    16 in city
    22 in hw.
  3. PKMohan

PKMohan Amatore

Bangalore
    Mine 15-16 in Bangalore city traffice and around 20+ on highway with AC almost 100% on. But I set the temperature at 25-26 deg C.
  4. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Very true! Now in rainy season, mileage is around 14.8-15 Kmpl in city...On highways- 22.5-23Kmpl
  5. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    My Punto90 MJD returning me city drive with AC all time gives me 15.1/kmpl. On highway i could see best is 16/kpml. On ODO till date 1600kms. SO waiting for better figures to be returned.
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    The MJD gives a constant mileage of 14.1 to 15.5 On highways when the engine is new. Please wait, you'll get a solid mileage later! :)
  7. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    shock shock shock

i dunno how and what happened.
    but it was after i changed my rims to 16"

my linea that gave me an average of 29.1kmpl for a stretch of 170 kms, gave me an average of 17kmpl in highway and 8kmpl in city( bangalore) for almost 2000kms after changing the rims.

but now my average has increased and i'm getting close to 24 kmpl in the highway and 15kmpl in the city.

my driving style has not changed but i'm still trying to find the reason why my car showed so much of variation.

i have a feeling that the ecu wanted some time to adapt to the bigger rims and this was the time when my car gave lesser average values.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    The highest mileage I got from my 90HP is 26kmpl.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I did a 800 kms trip to Kerala last week and the highest highway mileage I got was 17 kmpl. That was on Bangalore-Mysore-Hunsur road. After Hunsur I entered patches of bad roads and mileage started falling, but never below 15 kmpl. Interesting point is Punto gives the best mileage at 80kmph. Running above or below 80 kmph reduces FE. I am trying to find out how I can drive at 80 in Bangalore city.

And remember this is 1.4 Petrol.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  10. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Multijet indeed returns very very good mileage! :eek:

We got 19.3 kmpl from our Jet from Dehradun to Poanta Sahib (dist: 56 km) on way to Chandigarh with normal traffic and AC off. Final FE on reaching Chandigarh dropped to 14.3. Main culprit(s): AC (after Poanta) and Himachal's pathetic roads.
    1 person likes this.