1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. maverick

maverick Amatore

Punto MJD EPack
    Total 4500kms
    AC always on
    Average mileage is 16.62 km/L
  2. Nikhil Goel

Nikhil Goel Amatore

Mine is also giving between 20-28 Km/l

Depending on lot of factors like traffic Jams in Delhi. But Yes max mileage 28.0 Km/L from Delhi - Noida distance 45 Kms.
    In case of traffic jams minimum is 19.7Km/L
  3. sharadverma

sharadverma

Delhi
    I am getting 13 km/l in delhi noida current odo shows 1500 kms, little worried on the mileage that it will increase in future or not I have 1.3 mjd epk
  4. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore

will surely try crossing 30kmpl in future, maybe after changing to a new set of tyres

Photo-0014.jpg

Photo-0013.jpg

Photo-0015.jpg

Photo-0016.jpg
  5. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    My linea MJD constantly gives mileage above 20km/l, with AC on! Recently, did 150km from pondicherry to chennai. With three persons on board and a little bit of luggage, and AC set in full auto mode at 24.

Speed was between 95 and 120kph. Rarely did 140kph.
    And got mileage of 25.4km/l!!! :)

NOTE:

My fiat linea, sadly, ain't maintained properly...:( Inspite of that, she constantly gives mind blowing mileage!!! :)

Photo-0120.jpg
  6. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Hey guys, i've got a 1.2 for a week now, done about 200km, all in the city...the avg fuel consumption on the MID shows as 7.4!! Should I press the panic button or wait for a while? I've been driving with a very light foot since delivery.

Cheers
  7. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    @nobrakes: If you do a short trip for about less than 10kms inside the city with traffic, then 7.4kpl ain't bad! The mileage increases as you ride more! And don't worry...:) Your mileage will increase as you drive more. Try doing a highway trip. You sure will get above 15kpl!!! And as your oddo increases, you engine will open up much and you sure will love it!

My uncle too has 1.2 punto active. And he gets 13-15kpl in city and 17-18 in highways.
  8. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Hey Avinash, thanks for cheering me up. Will sleep soundly tonight :)
  9. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    hi guys, i just did 700 kms trip (Mumbai-Shirdi-Nashik-Shaptashungi-Nashik-Mumbai) last weekend, 80% good highway Roads + 70% A/c on & i just got a FE of 7.8 :-( But when i roughly calculated the petrol consupmtion to distance travelled on the 700 kms, the FE seems to be around 9-10.

Before this trip i had tripped my Odo for city travel & i got a FE of 12 Kms for 100kms in CITY :p

This is really confusing, i had expected more FE on the highways. 1 more thing i noticed on the highways @ 80-90 speed x 2500-3000 rpm x 4th-5th gear, the Instant Fuel Consumption was showing not more than 7.5kms/-p.lit. In city @ 20-30-40 speed on 2nd-3rd gear x 1500-2000 rpms the IFC shows much better @ 13-14 kms/p.lit. I am not a technical guy, but does the engine opens up after running a few thousand kms & then give better FE ? my current total Odo Reading as of now is 1400+ Kms.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Drive the car with Instanstaneous Consumtion ON on MID. It will help you a lot to gain maximum mileage from your car. It really helps.

@Nobrakes 7.4 kmpl is to low for 1.2 Punto. Even I also owned 1.2 Punto & I was getting 13-14kmpl in city with AC ON. Maximum mileage achieved was 19.2kmpl from my 1.2 Emotion Punto :wow.

Dont press panic button. Let the car take her own time.