1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. virus_60

Re: What's your car's Fuel Efficiency

Hi all, I have been off this site for a long time, but just remembered today after getting an e-mail from the mods about the B'lore meet.
    So just want to update my FE figures.
    At the end of every month, I refuel a full tank of diesel so that I get an accurate mileage figure for each month.
    From the attached FE figures, one thing for sure that the mileage has increased a lot after 1st service.

And I'm very happy with it.

2. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Mine is a 1.2 Emotion and I get below average figures...

1. In City drive with 4 persons - 12KMPL with 90% AC
    2. On highways (NH4) without AC I got 18 KMPL
    3. Highways with AC in full afternoon heat with 50% AC and 5 persons loaded - 17 KMPL
    4. Once I drove to Phaltan from Pune via Shirwal and it was a horrible experience with respect to Road Conditions after I left NH4 (from Shirwal to Lonand). I got only 11 KMPL with 6 (yes 6) occupants and 100% AC.

Do you feel this is a bit on lower side or these are just the right figures?
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

The Maximum Fuel Efficiency Thread

For the want of a dedicated thread for this purpose , lets dedicate this thread to the updation of the maximum fuel efficiency figures achieved by you in your FIAT.

I'll begin with mine. Pics of the MID display would look cool too.

Model - Linea MJD E+
    Maximum fuel efficiency figure achieved - 15.7kmpl.( Brand new car + city driving)

Keep updating as you achieve better figures.

And , how about this idea. We shall give reputation stars to the ones who achieve figures beyond a certain unanimously accepted mileage limit.

For example - above 20kmpl on the MJD FIAT's.

For the other models , i'll need your help as im not qualified enough to set upper limits on their mileage figures.
    That is - Punto 1.2 & 1.4 . And Linea 1.4 & T-JET.

4. Tron

Tron Superiore

@gurjinder, check out my ownership thread, i have posted a pic i achieved 18.2kmpl with ac in city! hardly get that! but i'll make clear that when i got this figure that time i was running on premium diesel...but after that i never used premium fuel again & i got figures till 17 in city with ac with ma MJD
  5. wierd but yes.
    done 2000 kms approximate in my punto mjd epk
    it gives me 14 on the highways
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

i easily manage 18-19 in city with moderate driving. with aggressive i manage around 16.8-17.
    on highways i manage 22-23 with speeds of 100-120.

in recent fiat mileage drive i won with 28.3 on the MID :)

i love MJD. i somewhere thank my dad for not going in for TJET which was the car which i immediately fell in love with.

Opps, sorry forgot to mention that the above figures are for Linea MJD
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  7. chaudh2s

My punto MJD, gives me 16.5-17.0 regularly in delhi-ncr traffic(95%AC) in summers, this goes upto 19.0 in winters(5%AC).
    On highways, it never goes above 19-19.5 since i drive quite aggressively.

As a rule of thumb, whatever fuel consumption figures Autocar India road tests come out with, add 2-2.5kmpl and you will get realistic fuel efficiency figures. I don't understand how they manage such less FE figures, probably mumbai traffic.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2011
  8. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Not sure how you have been able to extract this much from the MJD. In my case I get only around 11 for city drives with 100% AC - I drive a stretch of about 9kms in one hour mostly in first and second gears only. I fill only normal diesel.
    Last edited: May 11, 2011
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

There you have it. Your answer to your query.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    In FIAT Mileage Rally I got 19.2 kmpl mileage in my Punto 1.2 Emotion.