1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. nav75

nav75 Amatore

Pune
    Re: What's your car's Fuel Efficiency

525km's of city driving, with a/c ON a few times. Most of times, fully loaded. Display shows 15.8. Could have easily be 16+ had I have not given in for the temptation to go pedal to metal, a few times. :)

Haven't did a tank full yet, normally do once the yellow light on dash glows. But I'm expecting my best in-city FE number, so far.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

:drinks That is pretty good. My car at this age (3000kms) was showing an average of around 15kmpl.
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

That is really surprising. Perhaps you are the ONLY ONE I know who is facing this problem. So I would like you to go through the following check points and GET BACK with your observation.

1. Driving Style: What speeds do you maintain regularly. Everything else being alright, depending on driving style you can expect the following figures:
    around 70kmph - > 20kmpl
    80-90 kmph - 18-20 kmpl
    100-120 kmph - 16-18 kmpl
    >120 kmph - 14-15kmpl

2. The fuel station: Try a different fuel station and ensure that you are getting good quality and right quantity of fuel. Many owners have reported good figures with IOC normal Diesel.

3. Check Tyre Pressure: Ensure that the tyre pressure is normal in all the four tyres.

4. Clean Air filter and AC pollen filter.

Do these checks and please get back on your observation. This is important not only for your benefit but also for everyone else reading this forum.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

looking at figures here i think i am getting a extraordinary mileage here on my linea done 2500 kms.

trip 1. Dist 250kms > speed 100-130> 19.7 kmpl
    trip 2. dist 250kms > speed 90 -120, one burst at 160 > 22.5 kmpl
    trip 3. dist 150kms > speed 120 mumbai expressway > 21.2 kmpl.

its but obvious that expressway will give less mileage than state highways as your foot is continuously on the pedal.
  5. Re: What's your car's Fuel Efficiency

Hi royj ,

Thanks for your info, i will update forum once clean the Air filter and AC pollen filter.I will maintain 90 to 100 kmph, on highways,
  6. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

The score is 16.7 for my Punto, which has been fairly constant. Highway the score card says 19.1 to a liter.
  7. rajanbansal

rajanbansal

Mileage for fiat punto diesal

HI,
    will any body tell me that mileage is touching more than 20 KM/l for diesal version or not ?

Mods Note - Threads Merged.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Mileage for fiat punto diesel

Hi, here is the thread for all mileage discussions.
    viewtopic.php?f=11&t=214

What's your mileage?
    Tip- Use instantaneous consumption on MID for a few days to see the impact of your driving pattern on mileage.
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

Just returned from a trip to Ooty.
    Total distance: 972kms
    Total fuel: 43.74L
    FE: 22.2kmpl
    FE from MID: 23.6kmpl (for the return stretch)
    Speed maintained mostly around 70-80kmph traffic preventing me from going any faster. Occasional spurts to 120kmph.
    Includes bumper to bumper city traffic in Cochin, Coimbatore and an hour long blockage at Mettupalayam, climbing up the ghats in second and third gear and highways in Kerala with moderate to heavy traffic. AC on all the time.
  10. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur

14K done today:
    Fuel efficiency : MID : 19.9

My calculation in recent 5k : 21.1

Great