1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    Re: What's your car's Fuel Efficiency

Last fuel fill up:

Run: 681 km
    Fuel: 35.71 ltr
    AC: 100% at 21C
    FE: 19.07 kmpl
    HW/City: 60%-40%
  2. RAAM

RAAM

Navi Mumbai

Hi All,

What is the difference observed by the experts in the forum with the MID FE and actual FE (tank full to tank full method) in Punto?

I have never checked the FE so far and my only source is the MID. I am consistently getting around 13.5 KMPL (as displayed in MID) in my GP E 1.2 in Navi Mumbai driving. Can safely assume that the drive is 50 - 50 Highway / City as part of the route to my office is through Palm Beach Road. I have not observed any major difference in the FE with or without AC.
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

The difference I have observed is typically 0.5kmpl to 1.0kmpl. If the MID shows 13.5kmpl, then actual should be between 12.5kmpl and 13.0kmpl.
  4. savinvas

savinvas Novizio

Bangalore, India, India
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hi Friends,

My Punto 1.3MJD Emotion has run 2900km. The mileage indicator shows only 6+ kmpl. (My drive included highways and village roads.)
    I checked with the dealer and they said there is no tuning required and the mileage will be increased after running some 6000 km.
    I was not able to digest it.. is it true ? Do we have to run some '6000km' for the engine to be 'set' ???
    I'm taking the car for the first service. Is there any tuning required ? or is it common with all Punto's ?
    Appreciate a quick reply.

Savin
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

Are you sure it is kmpl? default setting is L/100km. If that is 6L/100km so you are getting over 16kmpl.
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3

Are u talking about the calculation via screen display FE or tank empty and full method.The second method of calculation is more accurate.
  7. anand3636

anand3636 Amatore

Cochin (KL - 44)

As roy pointed out it will be 6 litres for 100 kms,ie fe of 16+. You can change MID unit to kmpl using the menu. pls refer the manual.
  8. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi

How much fuel you have used? for 2900 km on 6kmpl you must filled up atleast 480 lts of diesel, i.e 12 times the tank full or ~19000 Rs expemditure on fuel.
    Can you substantiate ur 6kmpl this way? let us know pls.
  9. savinvas

savinvas Novizio

Bangalore, India, India
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Thanks for all who responded. I was silly to ask it without doing any mathematics ( thanks Axn ).

Varin11, I was looking at the display and saw this number.

Anand3636 and Roy.. For sure, it will be that reason. I will refer the manual and change the unit. from L/100km to kmpl.

( I'm not near my car now. Car is at hometown and I'm at Bangalore )

Thanks all for the response.

Savin
  10. savinvas

savinvas Novizio

Bangalore, India, India
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

I got it set by my brother. I'm happy to see a mileage of 17kmpl ( it has now competed 3000 kms )

:)

Savin