1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Re: What's your car's Fuel Efficiency

Got 16.5 kmpl FE (within city with 100% AC ON) on MID today early morning while coming to work in my Petrol Linea :mrgreen:

Shall post the pic in a while
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

:eek: That is amazing stuff. I have barely managed that even with my Santro. And to match this I should get 20 on my Punto MJD.
  3. VahanPujari

Mumbai

It was early morning & less traffic else Mumbai B2B traffic never allows the FE to go any higher. But it does indicate that FE can go to such a high extent even within city with 100% AC ON.

Tank-ful to tank-ful manual method, I got 10.xx kmpl (100% within city with AC ON always) because of several traffic jams encountered in last 4-5 days where FE can't go anything upward of even 6 kmpl

On the same token, on a 25-30 km patch on Mumbai - Pune Expressway, while coming back from Lonavala to Mumbai last year, she returned with an astonishing FE of 33.xx kmpl (AC was off due to cool weather & I guess some portion of the patch was declining ghats)
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Best : 24.9 km/l :wow
    Condition : Night drive at 23:00 for 107km. Overtook a few autorickshaws and nothing else. Mostly drove in the range of 50-60km on empty NH :mrgreen:

Worst : 13.4km/l
    Condition : In city shooting out of traffic signals and leaving smoky trails.

Average (no more no less)
    City : 15-16.5
    Highway : 19-22

The higher numbers were achieved when my wife drives. I belong to the lower segment with lesser mileage. :redcar
  5. VahanPujari

Mumbai

Well said. Thats where I also belong :mrgreen:

For a month when I hired a driver, the MID shown 1000-odd kms he had driven & the FE was 12 kmpl within city (100% AC ON) on the same routes (Residence-office & back) against 10.xx which I usually get.

Thats the effect of having a "heavy foot" & loving typical Italian Engine growl ghhooooooomm
    :redcar :mrgreen:
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

yup a tank full method always..... whenever i fill fuel its always tank full...
  7. VahanPujari

Mumbai

Yday evening was bad. It was raining very heavily, the trraffic was clogged, bumper to bumper jam & took me 2.5 hours to reach home. FE obviously took a beating & reduced to 10 from 16.5 in the morning.

Then came today morning & its even better :mrgreen:

[attachment=0:3q8eaxgj]2010-05-16-042.jpg[/attachment:3q8eaxgj]

2010-05-16-042.jpg
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

dats da advg drive during midnight.. I make up the FE on my way back home around midnite when there is no traffic... :)
  9. aarenes

aarenes

Mumbai

Are you sure you drive a Petrol!!!!!!!
    Man - I dont get these on my Diesel during the day.

10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

Today I got really good FE even in the midst of regular city traffic. 50%AC as it was quite cool in the morning.
    [attachment=0:1p4h9iz3]FE.jpg[/attachment:1p4h9iz3]