1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. kulsandy

Re: What's your car's Fuel Efficiency

Completed first trip(Kokan area) on my Punto Emotion.I have 32 PSI Nitrogen in all tires.

Trip distance - 850 km
    Mileage - 16.0 kmpl
    City and highway drive (40-60%)
    50% ACC ON.

I am pretty happy with these figures, which I guess will improve further after first service.
  2. Re: Whats your efficiency

I drive punto 90HP E pk. covered 3500Kms. FE is 13.5 in city condition.
  3. virus_60

Fiat Linea 1.3 MJD
    City- 15.3kmpl (tank full to tank full)
    Highway- 20-21kmpl (MID)
    My baby has just completed 2000km in 40 days
    All figures with 100% AC on !
  4. Roadrash30

I get FE arnd 11.6 in 60% city and 40 % highways driving ::D
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

In Bombay traffic in evening drive to lokhandwala, four bunglow, Inorbit. i get around 13. however heavy traffic can reduce the FE to 10.5-11. u cant expect more FE in B2B traffic in Bombay. So average around 12-12.5 kmpl 100% in city driving with 75% AC set at 22-24 degree.difference in screen reading (more optimist) and full tan around 0.75 this time.Highway more than 17kmpl
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat

amol some news for you just managed to get 22.4 on mid for 130 kms which later came down to 19.7 after 300kms. this was not all highway had entered a city on route. and with a load of 5 passengers. but without the a.c as it was chilling outside.
  7. rags82

Hi Frnds,

My 2 week old GP has done 1600 KM on odo. In my last trip to tirupati I got milage of 18KMPL 60%AC now in Bangalore citi driving am getting around 13 KMPL 80% AC. is this going to improve after 1st service. What is the Run-in I have to follow to get better performance in future?
  8. Re: What's your car's Fuel Efficiency

Mostly off peak hours driving from Noida to Gurgaon (Early afternoons and late nights)

FE: 20 KMPL (With A/C)

See the pic that I clicked. Please note that the fuel gauge indicates 2/3rd consumption and any traffic jam, etc has been accounted for in the fuel economy.

I drive with a light foot and no sudden acceleration or braking and heavily use gear braking
  9. Re: What's your car's Fuel Efficiency

Whats the actual & foolproof way of calculating FE?
    FYI theres a known fact that the MID electronically has a error rate and hence would like some simple steps in layman's term
    to calculate FE using TANK FULL METHOD which will also help fellow members who may be doing 2 things or more wrong
    in actually determining their FE!

OT: I would like to know coasting is also on the cards to notice the change/enhancement on the MID for Insant Consumption rate
    but is it mandatory to coast in a Respective Gear or Coasting is better in Neutral ?
    (be it any surface with traction on flat surface or downhill)

It will also be helpful in determining the appropriate Gear Ratios corresponding to the RPM's or Speed's

This is what i have noticed with my 1.2 behaving like an innocent kid on roads with relative selections on the stick
    I dont yet know what people term by heavy footed or light footed technically my common sense ends here ...

I religiously follow a -x:15:15:15 pattern :
    0-10kmph - Dead start on 1st Gear
    10-25kmph - Engage 2nd Gear
    25-40Kmph- Engage 3rd Gear
    40-55Kmph- Engage 4th Gear
    55-70Kmph - Engage Overdrive hovering around 2500 -3300 rpm

I hope if this helps people who are ideally wanting to enhance FE
    assuming their car has the below mentioned pre-requisites in to-to
    1.Good and Un-Adultered Fuel
    2.Air Filter which is not Clogged
    3.Fiat recommended tyre pressure on Normal air only
    4.Braking with relative downshifts to attain complete dead stop

10. royj

royj Esperto

My experience is that when speeds are higher, say above 20kmph, coasting in gear is more efficient.