1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: What's your car's Fuel Efficiency

Damn !! 5 hours for a 60 km drive !!

alrite : I am going off topic

sorry moderators
  2. atul-mca

atul-mca Amatore

Faridabad

lol.. it was only a hour and half including jam. Maybe mine was also used as ac cabin for a couple of hours? Usually a decent long drive with high speeds also clocks around 25-30 as the average speed (thats what i have observed on others readings).
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

If you haven't yet cleared the trip reading, you can check the duration your engine has been running till now. From this you can have a fair idea if yours was also run on idle for sometime. This practise is universal at all dealerships during summers. 10-15 mins in each car turn by turn. :hit I was so pissed off. My trip was reset after 3 days. I did the mistake of keeping it in "H" mode at the dealership. Thank God they did not use it for test drive.
  4. atul-mca

atul-mca Amatore

Faridabad

:confused I do not know how to check that
  5. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Use that trip button to browse through "Range(DTE); trip distance, average consumption, instantaneous consumption, average speed, travel time(driving time), date and time". The button, as you must be knowing, is located on the wiper stalk(right one).
  6. atul-mca

atul-mca Amatore

Faridabad

I thought there's something like which shows the total time engine has been running (for the whole life of engine :p )
  7. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Yes, it shows the total time engine has been running. Because when I checked it out on the first day at home, it was showing around 7 hours. I had driven it for 50-60 mins only.
  8. atul-mca

atul-mca Amatore

Faridabad

total time shown on MID for trip A is 4:51

so it means my car has also been run idle and thats why the avg mileage is 7.9 kmpl?
  9. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

I think yes. Every car is run idle at dealership. Be it Maruti or Mercedes.
    Newer technology just helps us know that this happens. This pisses me off as they fiddle with the car gadgets and switches while sitting idle inside.

Just reset it once. It should not be less than 10 even if average speed is 12kmph. I believe you will have a figure of around 12-13kmpl initially, if average speed ~18-20kmph next time.
    Anyways, FE will go up significantly by the time you clock 5k. Do post your updated FE as soon as possible after trip reset. Now is the time to enjoy the new car rather than worrying about FE.
  10. rjk1784

rjk1784

Bangalore
    Fuel Efficiency

I own a Linea 1.3 MJD and mine is 80% highway driving and the rest is Bengaluru city driving.

I just finished a trip of Bengaluru --> Goa --> Bengaluru. The trip meter reading was:
    1) Trip Dist. = 1500+ km (Not sure of the exact number, but it was in 1500's for sure ::D )
    2) Avg. Speed = 40+ km/h (I think its early 40's ::D)
    3) Avg. Consumption = 16 km/l
    4) AC ON all the time

Few things to consider here:
    1) While going to Goa we took the route through Bengaluru --> Tumkur --> Gubbi --> Arsikere --> Shivamogga --> Jog Falls --> Honnavara --> Kumta --> Gokarana --> Karwar --> Goa.
    2) While returning back to Bengaluru, we took the route through Karwar --> Gokarna --> Kumta --> Honnavara --> Bhatkal --> Kundapura --> Karkala --> Kudremuch --> Kalasa --> Chickmangaluru --> Hassan --> Bengaluru.

Until returning back to Bengaluru through Bhatkal, the Avg. Consumption was 17 km/l and from Bhatkal till Chickmangaluru we came across 'Poor Road' and 'Very Thick Fogged Ghat Section' for almost 150 km :A . Then from Chickmangaluru to Bengaluru it was a good highway road :redcar . At the end the Avg. Consumption came down to 16 km/l.

P. S. - I had been to Hampi/Badami/Pattadkal/Aihole trip in August and for a distance of 1300 km the Avg Consumption was 16.5 km/l with the AC ON all the time. The roads here was again a mixed bag. The 4 lane NH 4 was a dream ride (reached 150 km/h here :cool ), then the mines road of NH 63 and NH 13 was a real pain :A :A . These 2 highways are one of the worst NHs I have come across yet.

P. P. S. - In May, I had been to Mysuru without the AC and the Avg Consumption was 22 km/l for a distance of 300 km :dancing . Of course the road from Bengaluru to Mysuru is just too good :redcar .