1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Re: What's your car's Fuel Efficiency

My MID shows anywhere between 11.9 to 12.5 with average speed of 25kmph 100% AC. Recently i've been getting around 8-9 due to driving on water clogged roads and B2B traffic in hyderabad took me 40 mins to cover 3kms.Guys is there any way to stop car from stalling on a water clogged road other then accelerating even when stopped.Here in hyd you sometimes have to drive through 6-8 inches of water
  2. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    Re: What's your car's Fuel Efficiency

those are amazing figures for a sedan. Punto easily gives 20+ on highways. wonder why maruti still holds the tag of most fuel effiecient cars. its only a myth.
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

The standard procedure to keep the car from stalling while wading through waterlogged area is to put it in first or second gear and keep the rpm high. The danger zone is when the tail pipe get submerged. The only option is to avoid those areas or fit a snorkel
  4. vijay822002

vijay822002

Gurgaon

Hi Guys,

I have done 2600Km till now. First service was done last weekend.

My Punto 1.3MJD is giving 11km in Gurgaon City traffic.

I feel this mileage is very low. While the first service also i mentioned this to the service advisor.

He told me after first service the mileage will increase, But i feel there is no change in the mileage.

Can any body tell me what should i do now???

Cheers
    Vijay
  5. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Vijay,
    you could have the air filter cleaned/replaced (it must be cleaned recently during the servicing)
    Check tyre pressure maintain 30-32 psi on cold.
    Change the petrol pump where you re-fuel (if you suspect the quality at the current pump) :thumbs down
    The daily traffic situation might be responsible for the low FE :A
    Finally, you could change your driving style* may be its one of the factors.. :confused
    *try driving looking at the MID instant consumption (if you dont) this has helped me a lot.. ::T

Have you calculated your highway FE?? how much is it??
    If its around what every one else is reporting, then it must be the traffic conditions responsible.
  6. vijay822002

vijay822002

Gurgaon

Hi Chaos. Thanks for your suggestion. This will be helpful for all the guys who will go through this thread :clapping .

Today i have been to the service center. Repoted the problem.

The service advisor adviced to do a Highway Road test of 40km.

The result was good. The mileage given was 20.33Km/L. I was totally impressed with the result :wow

The reason for the very low mileage in city condition is due to the Gurgaon traffic :uh .

Anyways have to live with it. Nothing can be done here :thumbs down .

Cheers
    Vijay
  7. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

My 1.4 FIRE's Fuel Efficiency

This is the First time i'm posting my FE figures... ::D

Made a trip from pune to mumbai this Sunday... tried to maintain 80km/h where ever possible on the e-way..
    BTW, the whole trip was with the AC @ 22 degrees!!!

[attachment=4:25okyx84]1.jpg[/attachment:25okyx84]

[attachment=2:25okyx84]2.jpg[/attachment:25okyx84]

[attachment=3:25okyx84]3.jpg[/attachment:25okyx84]

[attachment=0:25okyx84]4.jpg[/attachment:25okyx84]

[attachment=1:25okyx84]5.jpg[/attachment:25okyx84]

Oh and my baby runs on Gasoline!! :mrgreen:

1.jpg

3.jpg
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

First I thought, just 17.2 kmpl on this average speed. Then I saw its FIRE, wow.
    I posted at one place, Punto FIRE will give more than Getz diesel, you proved me correct. :rage
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

Those are really cool figures Chaos!!
    If we aren't careful, our MJDs just about match these figures. :mrgreen:

:eek:fftopic Too bad you had to sell it.. Who is the new owner?
  10. aer_vip

aer_vip

Bangalore

I got about 26.5 km/l with 5 medium sized people in and the dicky packed.. I drove at about 75-85 km/h i.e., not crossing 2000 rpm and with out the ac on. Will post the pics soon..