1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum
    Re: What's your car's Fuel Efficiency

I think it is Body Control Module - basically its the ECU/computer that controls the body functions like lighting, door locks, power windows, wipers etc. Punto has 6 (think so) ECUs networked using CAN. Different ECUs concentrate on different aspects of the car.
  2. puntoer

puntoer

Bangalore

I get around 15.5-16 km/l without AC

Get around 13.5-14 km/l with AC

Both of the above are for short distances ( < 10 km) in city traffic
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I'm worried

I'm getting really low FE on my MJD. I guess it will go up after first service.
    Currently, my average consumption on MID in City with 100% AC and good density of vehicles on road= 11.2kmpl :confused1
    Average Speed is 17kmph ::V

Today, I reset the trip A and went to Chandigarh. Total distance covered 20km.
    Av speed 18kmph
    100% AC
    Av consumption= 11.3kmpl

Total reading on ODO after 6days = 142km.

Hope it goes up soon. My running is about 800km/month. I want to justify diesel to my parents. (Worried smiley)
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

The culprit is this.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

I think I need to learn some transporter like moves in Chandigarh's traffic. I am so defensive with my power horse. After all, it's a big upgrade from a 2000Model M800. :)

Av speed needs to be at least 30kmph.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Just try to keep Av speed, 20-25KMPH, the FE will increase.
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Man, Chandigarh road & less traffic is awesome. Traveled to Chandigarh last week only & the wide roads, well-planned city & the less & less traffic (compared to Mumbai, its heavens) was making me thinking about jumping from rear seat to the driver seat. Too good. I think you can easily have an avg speed to 35-40 kmph.
  8. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai

Today I got the best ever average from my Punto. I traveled from my native place to Thane. About 70% of the road is 4 Lane now and driving here is quite a pleasure. I've traveled at least 7 to 8 times & many a times speed crossing 140km/h. But today I switched on to the Instant Average indicator on MID and the result was astonishing. The total distance traveled was 325km, Time to travel 6.35 Hrs, average speed 50km/H and the sweet part is 17km/l average! I think I'm learning how to drive now and how to get the best out of Punto. In fact it was 17.5 km/l till Kalyan Junction, where I got stuck up in traffic jam for more than 45 mins. The AC was on partially throughout the journey.
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

Did a 350 km long trip today from Trivandrum to Tirunelveli through Thenmala, Tenkasi route.
    Road conditions approximately - Highway - 25%, City - 25% and and Ghat Roads - 50% with about one curve every 200 meters
    Traffic was minimal on the onward journey and moderate to heavy on return.
    Total Distance: 349.1km
    AcB: 20.8kmpl
    Average Speed: 40kmph
    Running time: 8h 41m
    In the city the speeds were between 20 & 30 kmph. In the ghats I tried to maintain between 50 & 60kmph and in the highway I hovered between 80 & 120kmph.
  10. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE

Yesterday filled Tankfull Diesel. Details as follows.

DIESEL FILLED TANK FULL - 39 Liters

MID READING FOR Kms RUN FROM LAST TANKFULL - 675 Kms

MILEAGE PER Km - 17.30

This was 60% town & 40% highways(nowdays I regulary go to my Farm which is 50 kms away)

Very Happy ::T