1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Slightly. But that can depend on brand of fuel. In Gujarat, I have found HP to deliver better mileage than Indian Oil, consistently, by 1.5 kmpl
  2. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    And here's my mileage, under 'certain' conditions. Nobody gets to say FIATs don't give good mileage. ;)

a111867a0b869772e40778aefe8d933f.jpg
    moksh and abhinav_nani like this.
  3. driveit

driveit Amatore

chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Today when i was travelling from chennai-Trichy i wanted to check the mileage.

So reset my TRIP and as I started 7am there is no traffic till Trichy city.

Also I made sure to not cross 100 (few times 120+) and to you know finally when I reach last toll the Average consumption is 20.5!!!!!!.

I never imagined 90HP will be this much fuel efficient. Even I took photo's and I'll upload soon.

What en engine.............

So if you drive below 100 you and your MJD can relax so well.
  4. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    You can do bit more than this. Usually the MJD tends to be most fuel efficient between 80 to 100 in 5th gear. I managed to get up to 22 once on NH8.
  5. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    I recently got 24.6 in my Linea mjd from Mumbai to Thane. What i have observed on many occasions is, if you can manage to keep the speed variations at minimum, the mjd delivers excellent mileage.
  6. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I got 27.4kmpl on 75hp Punto Evo during recent trip to Mathura from Delhi. During morning time, with an avg speed of about 80kmph for about 150km.
    Overall average with AC on and 3 adults, it was 22.4kmpl. Total distance covered is about 335km. (Delhi to Mathura to Delhi in one day)
    pdash likes this.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Do check my Punto 90HP's mileage figures on this link. 28.1kmpl. :shame:
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Well the highest I have managed on my 90 HP is 20.X but that was when i was driving with very light foot, just to check what can be the best FE. Normally I get anywhere around 15-17 km/ltr on the highway as the mid range is too good to resist :D
  9. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My Driving - City 70% and Highway - 30%,
    Average fuel efficiency
    Within City: 15 Km/l
    Highway - 20 KM/l
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Today, I drove around 200 kms with 100% AC and got 17km/l mileage (Kochi ->Trivandrum). I am too happy about it, because of the way I drove my Linea.
    Took out all but two vehicles on the road. Those 2 vehicles are the official carrier for Kerala State Minister (#70) and his pilot vehicle.
    The list included a Q5, XUV, Innovas, Boleros, Xylos, Corollas, Terranos, Dusters, etc, etc.
    There may be many powerful vehicles on the road. But, they can't weave their car like a FIAT on the road, especially with some traffic like we have in Kerala.