1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
  2. Punto 1.4 Petrol Emotion pack.
    Kerala to Chennai on 4-Jan-2015. 650km. avg 17.1 kmpL as per MID. maintained speeds at 80-90 and never went beyond. (Just for checking the mileage possible. thats all. Not to say- most boring drive ever in the last 5 years, and not to repeat again :) )

And once while in Kerala few days earlier, while keeping AC off, and same driving style, got 23 kmpL for Pattambi to Guruayur drive ( about 35-40kms of typical Kerala winding roads)
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    I have the emotion variant which is heavier than the dynamic variant with the same engine characteristics. So, dynamic should give more mileage, though difference should be very minimal.
    Another update on mileage:
    I went to go to Muzzafar Nagar [U.P.] from Indirapuram, my place yesterday and came back today morning. TJet was driven enthusiastically for most part of the journey and I got mileage of 14.2. I monitored mileage on the highway run and it was hovering round 14.7 to 15 kmpl. There's a bad stretch[pot holed] of road around Modi Nagar which also contributed to lesser mileage than my Punjab trip. The run included 20 kms of city driving which had slightly dense traffic conditions. Overall, satisfied with the mileage and the grin is getting bigger due to the great ride. Those pot holed roads didn't bother, though I did slow down on those :)

I think I should be able to get around 10 kmpl and I am fine with that. I didn't expect mileage on the higher side before signing up for the TJet, only wanted the drive to be fantastic which it indeed is beyond any doubts whatsoever!
    pabhishek likes this.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    On long drives with typical dual carriage way which generally our highways are , my supernova always delivers 14-15 kmpl for the entire trip.
    It may include bad roads, a good patch, few traffic jams, city traffic etc..
    My indica also gives me same, the Jet being bigger, better but same economy is something really brilliant.
    Saket Sidana and asimpleson like this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    They didn't like the Turbo in the earlier days, some went on to criticize it for lack of innovation in engines :eek:, but smaller engines need them even more for benefits of power/torque and efficiency/economy if tuned properly.
    pabhishek likes this.
  6. Torkue

Torkue Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    It has been close to a month that I got my new Linea Tjet (2014 new model). Till now I have driven around 470kms. I have been driving the car sedately thus far. I timed a recent run of approx. 17 kms inside city and I saw the MID show an avg FE of 9.4 (100% AC) at the end of the trip.
    Is it expected for the FE to increase a bit after couple of thousands on the MID ?
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Yes, the FE will probably increase if you continue to drive sedately till the run in of 1k kms. Take the car on the highways and maintain respectable speed limits and you will definitely see the FE to be getting better.
  8. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Do not get disheartened. FIAT engines are notoriously fuel efficient. On highways I regularly get 22+ and in city driving I get anywhere between 12 and 15 even 17, depending upon the stretch I drive on and traffic conditions and how much did I have to change gears and brake, etc.
  9. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Don't worry buddy fig should drastically improve.

FE updates from my Punto done 84K kms.
    - Home-office daily run in traffic conditions.
    - Daily run 16-17 kms in all.
    - Time needed one side at least half an hour.
    - couple of trips in city
    - No highway run at all
    - Final FE after tankful 18.8km/ltr:headphone:
  10. lakshminandan

lakshminandan Amatore

North Lakhimpur
    assam
    Linea 1.3
    Details of my linea mjd 3.7k run
    Overall efficiency-13.5 kmpl,avg speed-23 kmph
    City -10-12 kmpl,driven at around 10-30 kmph
    Highway- 17-18 kmpl,driven mostly around 70-110 kmph
    Friends can you please let me know if my figures are a bit lower than usual?