1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    I am constantly getting a mileage of 17-19 within city and 21-22 when on highways. As mentioned by Dilip Patel gear changes play a vital role in getting good mileage.
  2. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Yes very true Clean Air filter is Must have. I normally clean my air filter in 3-4K kms. It takes hardly 5-10 mins. :)
    Dilip patel likes this.
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    How do you clean it? The modern air filters are not supposed to be cleaned as it may lose the filtering properties
  4. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Nkrishnap : AFAIK fass also cleans it during camp and initial 5k km service. They clean it using air pressure pipe similar to vacuum cleaner but has high pressure.

The dust stuck on filter gets removed by that. Don't know about whether it loses filtering properties or not? Let experience persons reply on this
  5. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    I normally get it clean from a near by bike service centre. They have a high pressure gun which they use for cleaning the bike filters or to blow away the dirt from drum breaks. Only thing I make sure that they don't blow the air on back side of the air filter. Even if we tap the airfilter on the ground we can see lot of fine dust particles coming out of it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 2, 2015 ---
    visually there is not much of a difference between old (palio) air filter and Punto Air filter except the additional foam like layer at the back side of the air filter. Advantage of the denser layer is, finer dust particles get trapped in it and engine gets more clean air.

In retro palio air filters did not had any additional layer attached to the filter. But, in the air filter box there was a provision where we can add additional layer to the filter box.
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  6. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    Clean air filter from reverse direction also
    Horizontal cleaning at dusting part

At medium pressure ,dont vary about filter, never clean with cloth, or any liquid, for best result use k&n filter ,before use it discuss with fiat service centre
  7. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Linea TJet[facelift]: I am getting a mileage of 12-13 kmpl consistently in city drives without AC, it being winters in NCR.
    I got around 16 kmpl on first highway run of around 670-680 kms [AC on partially] and got 17.5 kmpl on the second run of about 250 kms[AC off all the time]. I generally drive at 90-100 on highways with an occasional burst to little higher speeds in between. Also, got around 18 kmpl on Noida expressway[AC off all the time].
    Mileage is impressive to say the least. While buying, I had settled myself for highway mileage of 13-14 and 10-11 for city. In summers, I expect it to go down to 10-11 [with AC] in city which is ok with me.
    Total kms covered in 3 months, 5 days: 3000 kms. To munch more miles, I had planned a Delhi-Udaipur-Delhi trip in December on TJet but had to cancel it due to extremely foggy conditions. :(
  8. dhandore

dhandore Timido

RATNAGIRI
    Ratnagiri
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yesterday's reading
    highway 20.2
    city 15.6 AC 100% on
    me_at_fiat likes this.
  9. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    @Saket Sidana , that's the typical FE figure for TJet. In summers on jammed Delhi roads don't expect more than 9 kmpl though.
  10. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    @Saket Sidana
    Those figures are really good.
    Do you own the dynamic or emotion variant? I wonder to what extent the larger and wider wheels of the emotion affect the FE.