1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    One of bulbs gone kaput. Please check brakelights, Number plate lights , Indicators etc.
  2. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
    Completed a long round trip over the last weekend between Chennai and Madurai. The best mileage achieved was 25.6 KM/L(distance covered is 103 kms) with speeds hovering around 80 - 100 KMPH and 2000-2500 RPM. But then if I look at the mileage , it was taking significant toll on the time taken. Since I was driving with Family(Two 60+ elders, One 40+ uncle, My wife, one 3 yrs old and one 3 month old)I wanted to reach destination at reasonable time and doesn't want them to get exhausted in the Car. So after the initial 103 kms, revved a bit to make up the time as safely as possible. Was doing consistently 110-120 KMPH with RPM hovering around 2500-3000 . MAX speed was 140 KMPH at some good empty stretches on NH45. Completed the round trip with an average mileage of 18 KM/L for 1000 KMS trip with AC on most of the time. In city I drive usually at non peak hours and has been getting 15-15.5 KMPL with full AC. Car is now 4600 on the ODO and due for first service soon. I guess this mileage is normal, if anyone feels otherwise please advise as I have a chance to specifically address issues during first service due in few weeks.

fe.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  3. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    hi krismask,

the mileage figures above are quiet normal for MJD, during my recent trip from pune to bangalore and back (880 kms one way) I got 19 kmpl with 100 % ac on, my ride has completed 7000 odd kms. You have seen it yourself that higher the rev lower is the mileage figures. Even I was going at average speed of 75 kmph.

So just keep enjoying the drive.
  4. harish kotur

harish kotur Novizio

Namma Bangalore
    bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    These are the best figures what my Punto has achieved till now.
    It was a round trip from my home to Bangalore international airport and back.
    The speed was between 60-90kmph
    20140209_111822.jpg 20140209_111747.jpg 20140209_111805.jpg
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    2014-03-14 14.48.00.jpg

From a recent Chennai-Pondicherry trip.
    2 people like this.
  6. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
    Completed my First Free Service of MJD by end of last month. Seeing better mileage since the first service. 16-16.5 KMPL is the average within city. 100% AC and non peak hours driving only. Best mileage so far is 16.8 KMPL within city. Yet to go on highway.
    new.jpg
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    My best figure:

My best figure: 27.4 kmpl. An early morning drive from Alleppy towards Trivandrum.
    27.4.JPG
    27kmpl-mileage.JPG 27kmpl-mileage2.JPG
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Recently during refilling, I resetted my TJet's trip meter and thought to check city mileage. Luckily or unluckily I got huge traffic that day.

After reaching home when I Checked MID; It showed - distance - 7.6kms . Average - 11.1km/l .
    Out of those 7.6 kms, 6kms was bumper to bumper traffic.

As per me,Its great!!
    2 people like this.
  9. ankujsharma

ankujsharma Timido

Mumbai
    Borivali
    Linea 1.3
    Has anyone ever tried checking mileage by age old "Fill Tank and do the math" method?? What is your feedback about the calibration of tripmeter, is it fully accurate??
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fiat's MID is almost accurate to @90-95%. Every refill of mine is tank full method and I compare the same with MID figures. Its more or less the same.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.