1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @Shivraj bhai,
    My Punto is having the same issue of poor mileage from many months,will be visiting service centre this weekend most probably for 3rd service.My Punto is giving less than 20 on highway with same driving conditions like before,initially mileage used to increase instantly if car was driven with light foot at 2-2k rpm in 5th gear with light foot on accelerator & brakes but now there's no instant increase in mileage on highways & in city now she's giving 12-13 compared to 15-16 some months back.Culprit may be faulty turbo inlet pipe in my punto which may be damaged or having another issues.28 kmpl for just 10 kms drive is Amazing figures:shocked.
    Nice to know Manickbag Exclusive Fiat service centre SE Ashok Pujar rectified problem at one go & his mechanics have done a good job of making your car's mileage & pickup improved.:up
    Will meet Ashok & rectify why mileage has dropped & other minor issues.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ahahaha.
    i prefered unknown mountain downhill drive,i believe you have selected Sinhagad or Rajgad. ::D
  3. s.rahus

s.rahus Novizio

Chennai
    City- Bumper to bumper traffic- 12-14 km/l
    City- Normal Traffic- 15-16 km/l
    Highway-Relatively Spirited driving-17- 18 km/l
    Highway- 21 km/l (When the speed is maintained between 100 & 120 km/h and not more than that)

Cheers,
    U S
    2 people like this.
  4. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It was from Pune to Khopoli on the expressway. Completely sedate driving style.
    1 person likes this.
  5. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    40 kmpl is definitely mind blowing Mahesh. Can you let me know the driving style you adapted, max speed, RPM etc. With this mileage, I believe it is easy to convince family members to take car where ever we go rather than booking train/flight/bus tickets :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    WOW.... It is really wonderful to get such good figures. I wish I get at least half of it on highways when driving sedately.
  7. Raghu'S

Raghu'S

Hyderabad
    Hi I own a 2010 Linea Emotion Pk (Diesel), I drive around 54 km a day to office and home in Hyderabad and get an average of 16-17 with AC on.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    That is certainly a good FE figure. With AC on what more could one ask. Could it improve? Definitely there is scope, and definitely nothing to worry about. :p
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  9. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    This is what i got on a very sedate , very short drive.The odo was continuously b/w 70-80. The avg speed is 60kmpl, because it took a while for me to park the car on road side where i drove very slow. Photo1565.jpg Photo1566.jpg Photo1567.jpg
  10. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This figures are pretty impressive. Yes, our MJD is able to churn out this figures when someone drive sedately. With my 6 month old punto, while driving NH - 209 Between - Kankapura - Mallvali - I got 32.6 kmpl figures.

That time i am not aware about this thread not cliped the picture. Next time i will definitely do. In normal sedate driving with 70 - 90 KM/H MJD can given figures any thing between. 24 Kmpl to 28 Kmpl.
    1 person likes this.