1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Mind Blowing figures on a MJD clocked more than 1 lakh on ODO,a big answer to maruti & hyundai tin cars.
  2. Sujay

Sujay Amatore

New Delhi
    Mchanna, please teach me how you did it. its awesome. my jet returns 13kmpl these days.
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Sujay, this is on expressway, with a very light foot cruising at 70-80kmph resulted this figure . One of the member Rakesh got 21kmpl :)
  4. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Oh sorry then its not Rakesh its Tejas :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  6. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    NOTE ( for all having mileage issue) : Hello Fiatians, Any MJD giving mileage less than 20 on highways is not a good sign. My Linea was initially giving 23 or more , but after 2nd service at it drastically reduced to 16-17 with the same driving conditions. Recently i got it checked where i came to know that the Turbo inlet pipe was at fault. It had got damaged by the engine guard some where long ago. Got it replaced and now the highest mileage i got was 28kmpl with a light footed drive on highway.i had started trip meter at 3rg gear and went with speed b/w 70-80kmph till 5th gear. for 10 km only.
    So ,people hint your service guy to check for the turbo inlet pipe before you go for your mileage problem anytime. I had a tough time for an year with that same mileage . Finally thanks to the manickbag hubli (SE: Ashok pujar) for rectifying the problem at one go.
    2 people like this.
  7. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My Linea MJD returned mileage of 25.2 kmpl (for 320 kms drive and covered the distance in about 4 hrs 50 mins excluding breaks) which I have achieved during my last drive to Trichy and that is the highest for me so far. I use to do the following,

1. Always drive around 2000-2200 RPM
    2. Avoid unnecessary sudden acceleration
    3. Avoid unnecessary sudden breaks
    4. Start early and entry city late (after 10 pm)
    2 people like this.
  8. mayank

mayank Amatore

City: 12-17 Kms/L (Depending upon driving style and other factors)
    Highway: 21+ (speeds 70-95kmph)
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Shivraj5624, 28kmpl:shocked!? Congrats man.:dance
    Can you post the pic of such FE just to keep any skeptics satisfied. I am so convinced that this is possible, but not many who have posted such a marvelous FE figure anywhere. It feels like I should get our Linea Turbo inlet pipe changed just to see that magic figure you quoted..!
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  10. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    ya sure..I'll take a pic when i am on my next highway ride. few more days ,asimpleson.