1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Awesome. You are enjoying the Jet and extracting good fuel economy
  2. Sujay

Sujay Amatore

New Delhi
    Rightly replied by Fiatlover. The bottom line is, drive around 2k RPM, you will get good FE.

3. L0dest0ne

L0dest0ne Novizio

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I regularly drive to and fro from Chandigarh from Delhi. My 90 HP Punto has done ~ 27000 km on the odo.

I used to get 22-23 kmpl mileage on most occassions and always > 21 kmpl.

However after my 2nd year service (30k km), the mileage has increased to more than 25 kmpl. On my last trip, we got a mileage of 25.5 kmpl with an MID average speed of 56kmph over 560 km. Thats pretty pleasing!
    1 person likes this.
  4. itsvikrams

itsvikrams Novizio

chennai
    What's Ur average speed.. Because I'm not getting more than 18kmpl

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

The 90HP is a bit more fuel efficient than the 75, on the highways atleast. In other words, even if you do greater speeds, than what you would actually be doing in a 75, the 90 will turn out to be more efficient.

The 75HP can easily give 19~20 kmpl without making an effort for FE, on the highways with speeds within 100 kmph.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Jinto

Jinto Timido

Bangalore
    Am getting 17~18 kmpl in Highways and 13~14 in city. I hope it will steadily improve with more & more cruising.... My Odo now shows something around 3K+
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    My Linea MJD clocked ~3.2k kms so far. It returns ~11 kmpl in city and from the recent highway trip with all kinds of roads and traffic conditions returned me 14.2 kmpl for 1441 kms. :D

Damn!! Looking at the figures you guys get, I really need to learn to drive and thankgod I din't buy a T-jet.
    3 people like this.
  8. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    My Punto 1.2 is giving better mileage than yours :p 12.3 KMPL in city and 15.3 on Highway :redcar
    1 person likes this.
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Congratulations !!! Give me few tips when we meet next time. ;)
  10. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Kiran,

I improved my driving style and it has helped FE. The best I have seen so far is 18.6 KMPL on my TJet+ for 230 KM highway drive

1. Use instant consumption and watch the consumption figures
    2. Watch the RPM and try keep it in the range 1500 to 2000
    3. Change the gears in the above RPM
    4. Never hard pedal acceleration, this is the major culprit for fuel consumption
    5. Check the PSI for all the four wheels. I use Nitrogen and this lasts for more than 3 months

My 2 cents, hope it helps.

Regards
    Vasu
    2 people like this.