1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Oh yes.. this I guess is the description of a spirited drive!! :D

I usually shift around 1300-1600 till I enter gear 3 after which I may take it to around 2000 before shifting into 4th and then same around 2000 into 5th. This is me driving casual, please tell me if this is bad practice in the long run.

I use the turbo when I want to have some fun or when i overtake. Otherwise, I usually shift as ascribed above.. :)
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  2. simbio

simbio Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Ahmedabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have noticed that in the last couple of weeks the FE of my GP 75 hp is going down. I used to get 15 kmpl in city driving, but its now gone to 13.7 kmpl. I first thought it might be Tyre pressure issue and checked the same and corrected it as per the manual. The next day the FE improved a bit to 14.1 kmpl, but didnt sustain it. My car is in its second year and run about 7700 kms, mostly in city with occasional long drives. Can other members suggest any measures to improve the FE or are others facing the same issue. Any tips and suggestions are welcome.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I would not consider a "drop" from 15 to 14.1 a drop. Why - Because unless two driving scenarios are completely identical in every aspect (traffic, driver input, atmospheric factors etc etc), we cannot compare them.

Don't give it that much thought. Just enjoy driving.
    3 people like this.
  4. shubham91

shubham91 Novizio

patiala
    Hii all atlast my beast churning out good and better fuel efficiency!
    Distance approx 92kms
    Average speed 71kmh y4a8yby8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    1 person likes this.
  5. afzalpa

afzalpa Timido

chennai
    15 ~ 16 kmpl
  6. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    agu2usun.jpg

8ytehyry.jpg

ybaduhyb.jpg

There are two things at play here.

One: No AC.
    Two: Front windows rolled down.

Average speed is 36-37 as shown by the MID, but I was generally hovering between 50-60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
    2 people like this.
  7. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
  8. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    TripB? See DisB.. It is 33 km covered. I purposely did this much km to show it is not a spurt but sustainable if traffic is moderately light on highways with about 3-4 slowdowns to crawling speed.

I don't know, but I think you meant DisB, which I have assumed and talked. :) Lemme know if I was wrong here!

1 person likes this.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Drove to my hometown fron Bangalore today morning. Traffic was bad till salem and all toll gates took average 5 mins atleast. And bad stretches in the last leg which had to be done in 2nd and 3rd gears.

Very aggressive driving for a 75HP, myself&bro, below are the trip details.

uploadfromtaptalk1383314269415.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383314285861.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383314308530.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383314325399.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
    2 people like this.
  10. shubham91

shubham91 Novizio

patiala
    All of a sudden my babe has turned out to be a fuel drinking machine. Its fuel economy was 17-19 in city and 20+ on highway and now its fuel economy has fell down to 14 in city and at max 17 on highway even with the ac off. Also the total kms run till date are 4800km.