1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fuel Efficiency of Fiat cars in India!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by arishi, Jun 10, 2010.

1. devansn

devansn Novizio

Coimbatore
    Re: What's your car's Fuel Efficiency

1.2 Punto FE (Samples are just 2, however) is lesser than that of 1.4?!

Mine is just a week old and is giving an average of 14.4 with 100% ACC @ 20 degrees, 30-40% city; 60-70% highway.

By the way, a bit off topic (Tried asking this on another popular forum, but no satisfactory reply) question:
    Would keeping the ACC at a higher temperature improve the FE? Or is it better to switch AC on and off as per the temperature requirement in the recirculation mode? ie; would Punto / Linea take care of switching the AC compressor ON / OFF as per the cabin temperature or would it just keep running the compressor and adjust the temperature to a constant by heating (with some mechanism) the cold air to adjust to the set temperature?

I have noticed in my dad's Spark that the power reduces when I change the AC fan speed from say, 2 to 4.

Googled a lot, but nothing satisfactory came out...

Devan.
  2. Re: What's your car's Fuel Efficiency

Not able to answer your main question - not sure what ACC systems do when you increase temperature - whether it will keep running the compressor always and mix some hot air :confused or a thermostat will take care of turning on the compressor whenever temperature increases beyond one point. In the latter case, FE should improve, than a colder AC setting.

But what you have mentioned is true - increasing fan speed will put more load on the dynamo and thus it will pass this on to engine. It should not be much noticeable though.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Excellent compilation Amogh. It clearly shows Fiat's new cars are fuel efficient. ::T
  4. d_d

d_d

Dehradun

Friends,

My Linea 1.4 emotion pack has done 1500 Km.

During last trip of 400 km it gave average of 9.67 km/l, with AC on and on highways city combined. The driving was normal, I touched 110 and normally drove at 80 km/h.

the average of 9.67 for whole trip is dismaying. Will it improve after about 5000 km ?

DD
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

Hi DD,

Nice to see you here after a long time.

You should get at least 11 - 13 kmpl for highways + city combined for 1.4 petrol with ACC/5 occupants. But, check the mileage after 3000 km. If it doesn't improve, consult TASS.
  6. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore

Hi all,

Since got my Punto 1.3MJD & now 4000km on ODO i'm getting an average of 14.8-15kmpl( commuting to office from Basavanagudi - Old Airport rd - Bumper to Bumper traffic both the ways - morning 9am & Evening 7pm)

However on few highway runs got an average of 23-24kmpl(as per MID)
  7. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE

Tank filled Diseal toady, details of Fuel Efficiency as follows.

Trip Distance MID reading(since last fule fill) - 781 Kms

Fuel Tank Filled - 39 Liters

FUEL EFFICIENCY - 20.02 Kms/Liter. ::D

Total Odometer reading - 12,340 Kms

My Linea MJD this time was 60% on highways.
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Naren this is normal for a drive without traffix.. I normally get the same kind off FE... am able to drive abt 800KMS from top up to dry...
  9. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE

This is not wothout Traffic, in fact the highway was so crowded I had to drive B to B at around 60 - 70 kms speed. Also the highway is not a 4 lane, it is a 2 lane.
  10. devansn

devansn Novizio

Coimbatore

Mine has 860 Kms on the ODO. Today (as per the MID) I got a handsome 21.3 Kmpl (from Panvel to Airoli via Thane Belapur Road - ~30 Kms); Average Speed: 47 Kmph; Top Speed: 80 Kmph.