1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FTA :MCA11041E***.****EMZ--- Final Countdown.

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by SAF_RoadWarrior, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka
    Congrats for booking T-Jet...
    Rust in disc brakes are common and it will go off after you use it..
    The remaining you ask the dealer to fix. Boot hydraulic also should not have rust and make sure they replace it before they give delivery.
    I wouldnt take this logic when car ODO reading 117km. it is too much...my car it was 18Km with H displayed and I live in bangalore. Can you check if it is same case with all the vehicles in show room? I still doubt because company never drive cars that much distance (70km is hell lot of distance for a new car and for you it is additional 47Km. if any thing goes wrong with new vehicle then?)

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

I think you should go with what everyone else is saying here....T-jet is amazing vehicle and you should not be disappointed with it. small things like rusting, panel gaps should not affect your buying decision. Please get it fixed from dealer and ask them for some discount/accessories etc.

T-jet vehicles have very high quality materials - whether it is leather seats, or plastics on dashboard or paint quality. so don't worry about these things and enjoy driving...

2. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    @Herbie... I have checked the under body and it is completely ok and fitted with underbody coating from Fiat only.
    @Ferrariscdr..the odo for most of the car here is 70k odd..For -TJET they do a track PDI at factory level of 10-15 KMS. And it runs close to 15Kms from dealer stock yard to showroom.
    I have checked ODO of other punto which have 40,50 KMS.
    THey have fixed the boot hydrolic after and the service manager shows me the car in detail there is no rusting in nuts and bolts and other parts...Yes I am all set for delivery....:)Thanks all again.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  3. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka
    This is great!! congrats and enjoy your T-jet
  4. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    the choice is yours, but there is no harm in getting ADDITIONAL layer of treatment for FREE over and above the factory coating..please insist and they shall give it. (its usually 3m or wurth.)
    it protects the factory paint(underbody coating) due to underbody scrapping which occurs due to bad road conditions and also due to flying stones/debris from tires.
  5. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    SAF - you should get this done only if you are sure that the TASS will not screw up things. I am firm believer of "If it's not broken why fix it?"
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hay what happened? Did you get the car? :dance
  8. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    and i believe in " Better safe than sorry" ;)

on a serious note...its just a spray can thingy ya which they spray to the underbody after elevating the car..guess nothing to worry bout tat one.

@speedjet... no offence meant bro :)
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  9. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Guys got the delivery on 30th March..after that was so busy with the lady...can't manage much time at all...will post pics and delivery detail soon
  10. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear SAF_RoadWarrior,
    CONGRATULATIONS for the beauty, you'll forget all niggles, once you command the mean-beauty.
    I got my Snow leopard on 28th of March.