1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FTA :MCA11041E***.****EMZ--- Final Countdown.

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by SAF_RoadWarrior, Mar 16, 2012.

1. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    **Note to mode:This is pre sales/pre delivery and Ownership to be followed thread .Please move if this is not an appropriate place.**

Dear TeamFiat members/Friends/Mod/Fiat Bashers,

Back in the age of childhood,watching plenty of doctor's car namely Padmini and grown up with the heavy influence of family owned HM Ambassador,it was always a dream for me to own a car which carries value and influence in life.
    Kinda choose cricket bat over badminton racket after you have heard about the story of 1983 WC Cup wining of India from your parents at your early childhood or watching Shastri driving an Audi on the cricket ground ,the cricket bat had the last saying.

My family started owning an Indica Zetta from year 2006 and I witnessed worst service,few niggles,one major stepdown and some close to heavy road presence and better seating comfort.
    The car hunt became a regular affair during my last few years of overseas tenure and shifting from gaadi dot com to team-fiat was just matter of few days.
    The only spike in the blood pressure monitor was the TATA-FIAT JV which lead me to think of few other cars in the price segment of 6-9 lakh.
    Coming to India in June '11 with a baby expecting on September '11 gave a small break in the hunting.With GOD's grace and blessing ,we were blessed with a baby boy on 19th Aug '11 and the search for his future big toy was rebooted.

Time invested for information gathering and TD attempts were nothing compared to the amount of logged in time in team-fiat finally gave the verdict..It was always FIAT.The another strong reason of that verdict was my craziness of buying emblem and decals to decor a FIAT of worth Rs 8k from US (Shipped from UK to US).
    Booked a TD on Fiat India website in early Sept,received SMS instantly but no follow up call for a month.Knowing it's sales team's efficiency, I had proactively contacted local Dealer (which is eventually the only one in Pune) in the name of Pundit Auto.
    The SA (Who is no longer in Pundit Auto,moved ahead) gave me all the details of Punto which was my primary target and offered a TD in the coming weekend of mid OCT.The TD never happened as the PCMC showroom had no TD of 90HP Punto for some time.Meanwhile I managed my uncle who was inclined to buy his 3rd car to show Punto in flesh.For him FIAT can not be a car since it has no reputation and the addition of lac of 90 HP TD made his deal clear to i20 within next one month.Though he took a TD of 75hp Punto,but missed the thrill of 90HP.
    October passed through with an expectation of 90 HP TD and the twist appears in the form of the thread namely "upcoming face-lift in Fiat cars 2012" in November '11.
    Dilemma between choosing a Punto with rain sensing wipper,upgraded GC,and new interior like European Punto over the old Punto with discounted price created more delays and at the end with victory of stimuli over news and rumor ,3rd Jan 2012 ended up with disappointment that Punto only got the GC Upgrade.
    Meanwhile I gave a 10k of booking amount to the name of any car of FIAT stable took place in Mid of Jan '12. Lough lola lough...
    From then my posts in Team-fiat had changed towards a significant direction of clueless/confused car hunting until some assured replied by you folks and gurus in the forum changed me to fix the car.
    Took a TD of this car in Mid Feb (pushed me to a dreamland which is still hovering) and waited till March to get some more discount (which never happened) lead to "Deal-Done" point.
    And on 1st March I gave my ever awaiting green signal to the dealer to place my order for the car.
    Meanwhile I took the help of the FB page of FIAT India and got communication email id of FIAT.I placed a request to do a thorough PDI before and after allotting the vehicle in the factory itself.Received calls and emails stating a priority request was placed for a "vintage PDI" to be done and assured be a niggle free vehicle and hassle free motoring from them boosted up my confidence.

Forwarded FIAT the SAP order number dealer gave after placing the order in their SAP system in last week ,the 6th.Do not know if they did any PDI before allotting the car however dealer informed the VIN today and I also forwarded FIAT Sales the same in case they want to do PDI after allotment.
    The vehicle is FTA -May manufactured as the tittle suggests which I guess should be ok since it is the second last month of Manufacturing of this special breed and also our marriage anniversary Month. (2008 was the D-year).

Dealer informed the car will be in the stock yard by Sunday and will do my own PDI next week.Here I need your statements/suggestion before doing this.I know there is a thread of PDI and I took 4 print outs 3 times in last 1 Year still counting on your words.
    Waiting for the beauty to appear and the "vroom-ship" thread and discussion will continue.
    Till then good bye and a ton of thanks to you all.
    Special thanks dijkstra,gurjinder,dj.nish,kedarbendre,VahanPujari,johnny,platinumshine and all who have contributed to this below thread"http://www.teamfiat.co.in/what-car/4409-help-required%85t-jet-2011-vs-90hp-2012-a.html".
  2. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    SAF ..good write up in deed ..happy motoring ..
  3. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks Manilruben
    Folks, waiting for your comments on pDI.
  4. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    Confirm the VIN code..mine is ALZ for Linea MJD 2012 Jan manufactured.
  5. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Yah it is EMZ which is May2011 Manufactured one.

6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats Bro and taking the Right desission and listening to the Heart...
    Do the thorough PDI in good daylight/
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Congratulations. What happened to T jet :)
  8. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks Bro!,Will do it this week..Will keep you updated.
    Any T-JET specific PDI check you may want to tell me?

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

Yo Man!! it is T-JET+ itself.. (MCA11041E...) :)

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 AM ----------

Yo Man!! it is T-JET+ itself.. (MCA11041E...) :)
  9. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Hello All,

I have done a PDI at dealer service station. at Akurdi Pimri/Pune.
    Dealer told me that for T-JET they send the car directly to Akurdi from FIAT factory for a specialized PDI to be done.
    I went there today with my wife with our very own TFI checklist.
    Issue found:

1>Rast only in disk break and cast iron area (marginal),and hydrolic of boot has little rusting.
    2>Glove box is little loose.Not coming up, slight pull creates the open up.
    3>One side of outside door bedding is coming out loosely if pulled.

Other than that it shows H and 117km in ODO which may be reasonable as pandit drove the car to pune from ranjangnaon.The distance is appx 70km.

Rest of all look ok to me.

Service lead told me they will fix the issues except the disk break's rust casue it needs to open the tyres which i did not want as it may create a misalignment from factory settings.

Gurus,guys! Please suggest if anything to be worried here. or should I take this usual and enjoy the delivery?
  10. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    Tjet+ is the best car in the segment my friend, so just relax and get ready for a thrill of a ride with a huge smile on your face that will be hard to wipe off :)

Regarding the rust, I would suggest you get them to fix it and follow it up with an alignment. I had the same issue when I went for PDI and dealer fixed it before delivery, did not find any problems as such with wheel alignment. But then, if you decide not to do it also it is ok, the rust is normal since the car has not been driven much...

Good Luck with the new jet !
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012