1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Frozen In Time

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by singh, Sep 9, 2012.

1. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    Today my Punto 1.3 emotion crossed 16000 kms in 4 months driving , bought in march , than went abroad for a month . So i drive little over 4000km a month
    Thats me in UAE , Dubai , past month
    P1070838.jpg
    DSC_1078.jpg
    I had Santro previously that companied me for 90000 kms , it never left me stranded , be it Jaipur, Agra, Shimla,Ladakh or Kaza . If money was not issue I may not have sold it at first place , it was kind of emotional departure .
    Since fuel expenses were rising and my journeys were increasing so it was time for diesel . I20 was first obvious choice , Punto was not even considered .
    Showroom experience at all 4 hyundai showrooms was terrible , test drive became a distant dream . It was big let off seeing behavior of Hyundai , I felt as if my personality is not good as all are not even considering that I at their showroom and looking for ..
    Anyways one day my manager brought his i20 in chandigarh , and I drove it all day , everything was good except AC , it was not even doing work like a cooler , inquired few other owners and found it to be the issue . At that issue i20 was big no , since in india a good AC is must have be it alto or accord . Moreover Hyundai all 4 showrooms have odd behavior , and lost a customer.
    Polo was way too pricey and not even basic kit and 3 cyl engine .
    Micra diesel was good contender but it was lacking ABS and small in space .
    New Swift , every other car is swift nowdays and maruti people don’t even talk abt swift , they just point finger towards waiting periods board for swift.
    One day I got a call from Fiat Pune as I put email enquiry , visited showroom , Joshi in chandigarh . Their executive was not having deep knowledge but his attitude to sell car was very nice , all staff was very polite and helpful . Offered Test drive in 15 mins that too of 25kms , Liked the car and booked next day.
    DSC_0282.jpg
    So to be true it was Tata-Fiat showroom experience that made me book the car and I don’t think that test drive gives u good idea of what car actually drives .
    DSC_0919.jpg
    Things I liked about Punto
    • Build: Any newbie can tell that Punto feels heavier be it lookwise or feel wise .
    • Ride: Punto has a brilliant ride, as speed increses I feel as if its gripping road more and more and feel very safe with very good comfort levels.
    • Handling: Emotion is with 195/60 tyres I changed to Continental CPC2, and I drive mostly on hills , that’s where punto can’t let anyone beat you , it handles so well that its hard to keep it slow on curves.
    • Steering: The steering is just perfect. I don’t like light steerings , they are so scary at speeds , Punto steering is just perfect , even Santro steering with 185/60 tyres was good , but Punto is best.
    • Brakes: Punto has brakes which are more than it actually needed , I mean I have confidence on brakes and 4-5 times ABS saved the day , first time when ABS kicked I thought my brakes have failed
    • Equipment : Its very well equipped , I esp like Seat belt Buzzer and Real time Consumptin et al MID.
    • Stability : At speed 100 one can easily disguise to other saying its 70kmph , and comfort levels at even 120 kmph are awesome.
    • FE: Diesel consumption is satisfactory if not good , since I drive with heavy foot , still it gives 14kmpl in city AC always on , and 18-20kmpl on highways with constant 120kmph with AC .
    • Exclusivity: Many people still ask me which car is this and likes it as its as hardly seen has BMW or Merc . I like things diff from crowd .
    • Wide windows: swift’s 2 rear window glasses combined will make one side rear window glass , it gives feeling of airiness and passenger at back feels good.
    Few things that I don’t like
    · Bottle holders : I like things to be well placed , and no bottle holders in door means I have to keep those under seat , that’s annoying sometimes .
    · Costly service : Rear wiper and wiper arm costed me 662 rs , and 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] service costed 6200 rs , its high , atleast for me its costly .
    · Steering height: The steering is way too high even at its lowest position and no reach adjustments .
    · Plastics: plastic on intyeriors is fine , but plastic outside near wipers area is so bad that it cant be cleaned properly without extreme efforts , same is with ORVM mounting plastic quality .
    · ICE : Head unit is pathetic , I wish if its possible to change it without spoiling the looks , means changing from inside only . User equalizer is also boring one just flat . Song can’t be forwarded with steering controls.
    · Gears: 1[SUP]st[/SUP] gear is hopeless , it loses 3 seconds if we try to go 0-100kmph , 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] gear is very useful in city traffic , but overall gear shifting and ratios are not good.
    · Tool kit : all bolts can be opened with L key Or 8 mouthed tool. And no tool is provided in the kit for emergency purpose
    2nd service Bill
    Poor Headlamps : Throw of headlamps is poor , its insufficeint , fog lamps are ok , Planning to upgrade to 4300k xenon bulbs , need some suggestions and reviews for same.
    DSC_1082.jpg

ACCESSORIES
    Accessories Put so far includes Components of Infinity Ref and Polk db 6501 Powered with JBL GTO1004 amplifier . One JBL bass tube . Nice system to be heard inside .
    DSC_0365.jpg DSC_0361.jpg
    Other is window curtains , since films are banned , I bought Hyundai OEM window curtains of Verna , costed 2500 rs
    DSC_1079.jpg DSC_1076.jpg DSC_1075.jpg
    Changed tyres from good year to MRF zylo to COntinental cpc2 , MRF were very noisy PA080538-1.jpg
    Few random Pics

DSC_1026.jpg
    DSC_0948.jpg

I feel different from others Being owner of Punto , i somehow like when someone out of jealousy say that it has bad after sales etc etc , thing is i m enjoying my car to the fullest and care for it .
    Resonant as always with nature's colour's, music and even out of its arid and bleak Image Punto carved out immortal motifs , legends , stories, images in me. It fertilized pschye of journeyman in me , deeply embedded and rooted in tradition. Emotional attachment can be understood or interpreted at different levels.
    Changing oil , air filter and fuel filter every 7000 kms apart from regular washing are the things i do to take care of car .
    Big up to Team Fiat whose forums and members didn't let my desire to buy Punto go down .

P1080120.jpg

DSC_1048.jpg
    12 people like this.
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    SINGHJI, some good write up and beautiful pics.

"-----I feel different from others Being owner of Punto , i somehow like when someone out of jealousy say that it has bad after sales etc etc , thing is i m enjoying my car to the fullest and care for it .-----" :clap
    1 person likes this.
  3. Congrats on your punto singh! 4K per month is too much of driving :)
    Enjoy your drive!!
  4. Singh Saab-4K in per month is too much.My running per month is 3K/month.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Wow 4k in a month thats too much. Nice phtos Singh.
  6. 4k per month does truly justify your diesel Punto...Very good write up,and congrats once again...:up
  7. Your claimed FE figures are very good and I feel it should be rated good in the FE scale.
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Nice write up. Congrats for your Punto & Drive experience. Drive Safely.

Your FE is as usual as others received.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  9. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    BEautiful photos!! Loved them
  10. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Very Warm welcome to TFI Paaji....

4k/month is too much of driving... Lucky you... you get so much of time to spend with your Punto buddy...
    Not everyone is as lucky as you are...
    Beautiful pics...

Wish you many more miles munching with your Punto...

Cheers...:up

Neel