1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Front Tyre - Oil Leakage

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Fiat1100, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Fiat1100

Fiat1100 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi, I could see some oil on front right side of my alloys. I had showed the same to service person he says its normal in linea... but i feel there is some problem somewhere in the seal. please let me know if its normal or some issue with the break oil seal.
  2. macky

macky Amatore

yes you are right!! Probably from the balljoint!! If its under warrenty, please get it replaced!
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    It was there on our Linea as well. I washed it and never thought of it again. :lol:
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Clean the surface rigrously leaving no stains of oil and keep that area under observation for any further traces of oil, if oil traces are found then ask ASS to check for any leaks from shockers, brake lines, and several other boots. It can be residual oil which was put in moving parts like elastic pads, arms bushes etc etc.

It can be due to torn axle boot, mine was torn and complete left side alloy was covered in grease including brake rotor and pads. Had to change my just 6000kms run brake pads alongwith the faulty boot and fresh dose of lifetime grease.
    1 person likes this.
  5. It happens in my punto too. Whenever I wash, a black liquid pours from both the front wheels. Is it normal or should I check ?
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I think its break pads dust. It happens with my Punto too, use good shampoo clean it regularly.
    1 person likes this.