1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Front Suspension for Fiat Punto 1.2 Active making noise - HELP

Discussion in 'Technical' started by eveready, Jul 29, 2014.

1. eveready

eveready Timido

Pune
    Hi All

Since a few days, i've observed that my front RH suspension for my Fiat Punto 1.2 Active is making "crunchy" noises whenever i pass a speed breaker or a pot hole or a bumpy road. What could the possible reason be? I've hardly traveled 18,000 KM. Can someone suggest any remedy?

Thanks!
  2. satheesh

satheesh Timido

bangalore
    Hi

I am also facing the same problem mine is 1.4 punto give me suggestion
  3. Ess Kay

Ess Kay

New Delhi
    Hi Eveready and Satheesh,
    I have had the same problem twice with my car. Still having it but the ASS say that I can go on with it as much as I can. This is due to a rubber mounting on top the shocker, the first time I had to go for a replacement it was 3500 each side + labour, close to 8k as I recall. The car has started to make the same sound once again, good news is that the cost of the mounting is now cheaper at roughly 2500 however ASS service advisor said just keep going with it because its not very frequent but I know its annoying. From my experience I had to replace the mounting once in two years in the last 4 years of ownership but loving it.

Cheers!!!
  4. satheesh

satheesh Timido

bangalore
    Thank you very much ESS KAY for your valuable advice any way i am going to replace the rubber mounting as well

regards
    satheesh,