1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FRONT RIGHT SUSPENSION ISSUE

Discussion in 'Linea Classic 1.3 MJD' started by Shiv Rathod, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Shiv Rathod

Shiv Rathod Timido

Pune
    Linea Classic
    Hi I am Shiv Rathod . I am facing Front Right Suspension issue with my linea classic + . Car clocked 40000 km Whenever car goes over potholes or speed breaker it make noise .I have checked in Sky fiat service center in Pune once 21000km that time problem was resolved ,they changed elastic pad but now after 38000 km again came back .I went to the same service center 4 times but every time they say problem solved out. I don't understand it is elastic pad issue or lower arm issue.I m really Disturbed now
  2. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi shiv,
    The details you have provided are too little for anyone to suggest - even guess - anything. Please post details on how the noise is like, when the noise is more pronounced I.e., when in potholes or on speed breakers? Also, pls post on the job carried out at 21k and which parts were replaced.
  3. Shiv Rathod

Shiv Rathod Timido

Pune
    Linea Classic
    Hello, Thanks for your attention V.K.Pasupathy. Actually noise more pronounced on potholes and sometimes on speed breaker. They have changed part called stud pad or elastic pad ( which turns suspension left / right ) At 21000 km And problem was resolved .but after 38000 km I again faced same problem .I took car to same service station and they were reluctant to serve me .They always say we have changed elastic pad under warranty. But I think they are misguiding me.
  4. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    OK. Ask the FASS guys accompany you for a test drive. Re-create the noise in front of them (by deliberately driving into potholes) and put the ball in their court.
  5. Shiv Rathod

Shiv Rathod Timido

Pune
    Linea Classic
    Hello , friends . Today is my 5 visit to sky fiat service center.. And finally adviser agree to work on suspension . people checked everything and they said Right suspension need to be changed . and they changed .. tmp-cam--874748747.jpg tmp-cam--874748747.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 27, 2016 ---
    They said this is new one but in transport parts get damage
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What? This is ridiculous. This doesn't seem to be new to me at all. Why don't you ask them to get a new part which is not damaged in transport? This is unacceptable.
  7. Shiv Rathod

Shiv Rathod Timido

Pune
    Linea Classic
    After fighting with them 1 hour they put new one....And
    Interesting thing is.....Still noise coming from right side..Don't know what to do
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 27, 2016 ---
    I m crying now buying this car..Really pathetic service. ..And lack of experience people.My worst experience with Sky Fiat Pune
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Very bad diagnosis from them. Did they also change the mounting pads? That could be the issue as well.
  9. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    If replacement of mount pad and suspension components could not solve the issue, ask them to check the lower wishbone for failing Bush or the bolt coming loose. Relax @Shiv Rathod the issue should be simple but getting longer to resolve only on account of incompetence on the part of the FASS. Do escalate the issue through email to Fiat. Your time is also valuable and just cannot be taken for granted by the incompetent FASS.
  10. ops

ops Amatore

Kathmandu
    Nepal
    Punto Abarth
    My linea mjd 55000 km run had suspension noise while going over rough patches of road. It got resolved after changing link rods.
    Shiv Rathod likes this.