1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Front Bumper Crushed...Need Advice

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by avnsiva, Sep 6, 2013.

1. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Ok guys so here is damage pics, doesnt look like too much, now should i go and get it repaired outside ??

1> Scenerio 1:
    Repair at FASS (Pay 1200 as i have Zero Dep) + Lose NCB from last 2 yrs roughly 30%

2> Scenerio 2:
    Get it repaired at some local shop for 1000-1500. Wait for few more damages (Incase any), claim NCB next year and claim repair in insurance later :p

Now plz suggest !! IMG-20140423-WA0001.jpg IMG-20140423-WA0002.jpg IMG-20140423-WA0004.jpg IMG-20140423-WA0006.jpg
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    looking at the pics i would suggest as a first step get it checked at some garage. they might be able to push out the dented area of bumper from inside without much damage visible. it may work if there is no damage behind the bumper.
  3. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    You can get it repaired at a local tinkering shop. Usually, they heat the panel from the inside and pop it back into shape. The paint damage is less and at the bottom facing part of the bumper. You can get that sorted out using light rubbing compound. Don't waste time with the FASS. They ll either try to replace the whole bumper or ll try to get that back into shape without heating.
  4. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    Its a dry dent easily can be heated with a hair dryer and removed at a very minimal cost
    Even local or FASS
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  5. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Got it repaired at a local mechanic and he did more than decent job for just 700 :)
    2 people like this.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ That's cool :up can you post the pic?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    great!! also pls let us know what did the mechanic do to fix the dent
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014