1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Front Bumper Crushed...Need Advice

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by avnsiva, Sep 6, 2013.

1. shams

shams Esperto

ganges, we need to declare NCB when changing insurance company. they may not verify for small claim but there is always a risk of them verifying with the previous company in case of a large claim knowing that insurance companies are always on the lookout for reasons to reject claims. this can become a reason for rejecting a claim
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    after going home will check the NCB. :) ,thanks for the eye opener rajan and shams.
    Recently when i changed from Future generally to Bajaj allianz,the advisor didnt told me about this,he looks after all the vehicle insurances(upto 30 vehicles) from my bro's company.
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Bumper can be heated with a heat lamp and brought back to shape. U might just need some touchup. You might want to check if headlamp locks are intact, and get the hood dented back to shape.
  4. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Tinkering is DOne....Bumper is saved!!!

A lot of inputs...Thanks a ton for all of you!!

Checked with FASS. & got the estimate to 11K. Check with Torana Motors at Chrompet, Chennai, they quoted me 7K....Atlast took the plunge with this unknown local tinkering shop nearby...I guess it fared well...
    Finally got the bumper repaired....In addition to the front bumper work, tinkered a couple of dents on the rear bumper and the boot. Total cost is 1000/-
    The bonnet lid is also dented and levelled.
    The gap between the bonnet lid and the headlamp is still wide. But I guess there were 4 nuts on the bonnet holder which can be adjusted...ll get it done after some days. A screw was put in place at the joint bwtween the front bumper and the side wheel arch body...

ll wash the car properly and see how much the tinkered part is visible...

Found another guy for painting the front, rear bumper, part of the rear boot and touch up for some scratches on the sides...He was asking for 2.5K to do this....The painter said that after painting it, he ll polish using rubbing compound and that should resolve any color difference between the newlu painted part to the rest of the body.

Please advice on any good place in Chennai. Also please share any tips on finding the correct shade of the paint...
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I would recommend Bosch Car Care, Vadapalani. Got a dent removed on the silver colored car and paint match was perfect. But they are a bit costly I guess. But workmanship is good. Color matching and finishing.

Privilege Moto Mall also does great job but again a bit costly.
  6. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Just now saw your thread. Pls call me i have got my painter to do the job.
  7. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Ok guys I am in similar shoes, in a narrow road tried giving passage to another vehicle and ended up hitting a big stone :(
    Now the bumper has a small hole and a dent, Fog grill assembly on one side is lost :(

I have a Zero Dep Bharti AXA Insurance.
    I am not sure how it works, I guess its 1000+tax per claim.

Please suggest if i should go for insurance claim, this is 2nd year and I havent claimed any insurance yet.

Generally how long this will take, planning to take it to KHT Bangalore.

8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    You should claim insurance. Ask the SC people and take a quotation first. They will guide further about contacting Bharti AXA. You will need to pay the 1000+tax or whatever was stipulated in policy terms. This is also a cashless, I guess..
  9. shams

shams Esperto

I would suggest first get a quote then decide, if the quote is similar to 25% NCB that you will get on next renewal or little more than that, then its better not to claim insurance.
    In such a case, i would claim only if quote is double of NCB amount that i would stand to loose because of the claim.
    After registering a claim, generally insurance survey is done within 24 hrs. Until then SC guys will not start working on the car. Once they start working, they may ask for two days to finish it.
  10. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Checked with SC, roughly they quoted 9-10k.
    So that further increases confusion :(

NCB next year will be around 4k-5k.
    And i would any pay 1200 inc Tax, so rougly damage is 6k :)

But you can never predict future (if i would be able to retain NCB for next 7 months :D )

So i guess Insurance claim is way here :) Please suggest. And can i tweak in to get some small scratches painted as well, will they do that on goodwill ??