1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Front Bumper Crushed...Need Advice

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by avnsiva, Sep 6, 2013.

1. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    My wife smashed the car against a parked 2 wheeler in my parking lot. In this, the front bumper, front grill(lower section) got dented severly.

IMG_20130906_065101.jpg

The space between the engine hood and the headlight have increased.
    IMG_20130906_065110.jpg
    IMG_20130906_065119.jpg
    IMG_20130906_065127.jpg
    IMG_20130906_065133.jpg

The place wherethe front bumper attaches to the wheel arches on the side have come out a bit. But all the parts are still solidly attached. Nothing is loose as such...
    IMG_20130906_065151.jpg

Please advice on ways to get it back on shape.

Mine is a 2010 Model and I have L&T Insurance. I guess for plastics, there will be 50% depreciation.

Can I get it fixed outside instead? Should I try with a local guy to dent out the bumper instead of replacing it?
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    So the black rope tied to the front grill did not help to keep away jealous eyes from admiring the Linea:D
    2 people like this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Ouch :(

The bent bonnet can be remedied but the front bumper might need to be replaced with new. I'm inclined to get this done outside. A slight repair of the bent bonnet + painting new bumper and you're back in top shape. But do get the dealer quote and how much the insurance will cover.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, you may do it outside FASS, which may be cheaper. If you are getting new parts (bumper), you may try 99rpm.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Also check for damages to the Radiator, Intercooler and other components, right behind the bumper.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Front bumper can also be easily fixed by any denter who deals with bumper repairs:)
    The damage is not as bad as it looks
    This should be an easy fix :)
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    This is absolutely repairable. They'll heat the bumper with a gas welder and straighten it out. If the painter can match colors correctly you don't even have to paint the whole bumper. The Grills, you will have to buy new ones and the minor bonnet dent you may wish to ignore now.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Damage to pocket is near about 15K INR,better claim for insurance.Try to get a quote from TASS or FASS,then decide where needs to be done.
    Now tell the secret after the incident to whom did you blamed :D
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

How did you conclude to that kind of figure.
    had it been my Linea,i would have got this fixed for not more than 4-5K
  10. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    Yes, if replacing the bumper is the way, then I might opt for Kawa or 99rpm. The basic bumper starts with 3100 at 99rpm. Not sure whether Kawa automobiles sells new bumper.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes, going to check that now...ll see whether they are able to fix it....If not new bumper is the way to go...