1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Front Bumper....cost

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by clash81, Sep 15, 2011.

1. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Wanted to know if i can buy a bumper from the showroom/TASS and get it painted outside.

My vehicle has a few other scratches and minor dents, which i am planning to fix from a body shop. The TASS quote for these is a mind boggling number. I feel i can get it done from outside for a lesser amount.

The bumper is broken after my vehicle collided with a dog some weeks back. it's a small crack though. Today morning again a bike fella stopped abruptly and i rammed on to him. I find that the fog lamps have dislocated. would they fall down? :eek:
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Not Sure

Bumper will cost around 5-6k and painting charges will be extra.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  3. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Front bumper with painting costs 4.5 to 5k
  4. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    Painting externaly is not advisible because of the colour match sice it might look the colour is matches at intial days but after a while it will show up the true colour so i would suggest to paint it at the service so get good quality job done.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Front bumper cost is 2.5K.
    Painting rate varies. I paid 1.5K.
  6. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks for all the replies.
    @Manilruben : Are you sure about the color part? Is it impossible to get the right color outside?

Can any one help me on how to slot back the fog lamps?
  7. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @clash81 ....TASS will not sell you a front bumper...no matter what...that their business...thats how they make money...by selling spare parts and services to people like us.......so you can throw that Idea out of the window.

There are two alternatives ...you can pick any...

1. go to local market...get your bumper repaired...yes they can be repaired if the structural damage is not more than 25% to 30%...after repair you can get it painted from outside...and paint quality and finish will be as good as TASS...and remember no one ...no one will ever be able to give you factory quality paint job ever....

2. go to TASS...file an insurance claim...and relax...

If your Fog lamps are dislocated ...most probably the plastic extensions that hold them to bumper body are gone..you may need to replace them...

I suggest go and file a insurance claim....why the hell do we pay insurance premiums for ......
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

@clash81 - part from the two ways suggested by @vivek, there is a third way - I am not sur ethis will work out, but if you really want to get the painting done from outside, you can try this:

Go to TASS, ask for the bumper - say that you do not need a painted one. get them fix the un painted bumper and then get it painted from outside.

I see that you are from Bangalore - places like SAI Colorium do an excellent work - if the damage is not much, get the bumper repaired and get it painted from some good place like SAI colorium.
  9. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks again for the replies. I could have claimed insurance, but i have already claimed once. So, i dont want to do that again.

The unpainted bumper idea is a good one. I should try that out.

Yes, bumper damages are not very bad. I should check out if it can be repaired.

For the fog lamps, i see there are couple of clips from the bumper which holds the silver coloured fog lamp socket/housing (or what ever it is called). The problem i am facing is that the silver coloured housing has popped out of these clips. I should check out if someone can replace the housing so that the clips hold them intact.

I will try posting some pictures.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

If you have claimed your insurance once, you have already lost your no-claim bonus. In that case, it is better you claim insurance again and get the work done with TASS, if you are happy with their quality of painting.

Why are you refraining from claiming your insurance again? I do not see any clause which says you cannot do more than one claim in a year.