1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Front Brakes pads worn out

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Masum Reza, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Masum Reza

Masum Reza Novizio

Kolkata
    Linea 1.3
    My Linea's frint brakepads are worn out within 7months of delivery. Garodia Fiat Kolkata is saying i have to replace them at my own cost. Shouldn't i get it for free under warranty? The car has run for only 6500 kms.
  2. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Brake pads wearing out at 6500 kms is very unusual. Probably something is wrong with the pads (manufacturing defect?). In my opinion Fiat should investigate the cause (and fix the problem if found any) and give a free brake pad replacement.
  3. Masum Reza

Masum Reza Novizio

Kolkata
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks RaviHedge
  4. Masum Reza

Masum Reza Novizio

Kolkata
    Linea 1.3
    Do you know where i should complain about this?
  5. Masum Reza

Masum Reza Novizio

Kolkata
    Linea 1.3
    I complained to fiat but they said its not covered under warranty and said all about their wear and tear stuff
  6. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Is it uneven wear and tear? If so, I have seen Fiat replacing under warranty if its below 10K Kms.
  7. Masum Reza

Masum Reza Novizio

Kolkata
    Linea 1.3
    No it has hardened completely parts of the brake pad compound has fallen off.
  8. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Then it is completely Fiat's responsibility - they installed a defective brake pad. Please complaint to Fiat service (lookup on their website) and escalate the issue. Complain to Mr. Mangesh of Fiat (search this forum for the email).
    Masum Reza likes this.
  9. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Uneven brake pad wear is usually caused by a sticking caliper. Clean and lube the slide pins and clean up any rust in the caliper bracket next time.
    Masum Reza and PradeepM like this.