1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    I installed 3M sunfilms for 13K just two weeks ago only :(
    Why cant we protest?
    Why no one is raising voice against this?
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2012
  2. This is bad info Ramesh .. Even if we plan to leave our car @ home / office how long we can do that ??

I thought that atleast here in Chennai it will take few months / years to get this implemented ..

Ajit
  3. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I installed for 8K 3 weeks back....:-(
  4. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is confusing. What do they mean? For front and rear films with 70% VLT allowed? and for sides 50% visibility is enough?

There is another rider too.
    "When pointed out that several celebrities and businessmen use cars with sun films, Mr. Muthanna said that the law will apply to everybody, including celebrities and businessmen. “Only, people with Z plus security, having permission from Union Home Ministry, will be exempted from the rule,” he said."

Politicians can still enjoy. Let Aam Aadmi alone suffer. Long live India.
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  6. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    okay now that the ruling has reached south pretty fast and sound, it is the peeling time. Peeeeling time baby!!!

I have always wanted to peel the tints. first, they came as a freebie from the dealer, even though he claimed it is branded, what was offered was horse-shit. So, how to do it?

where to get it done?

As the ruling says, where can i get a legal tint work done?

7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I'm guessing till now we payed to get the tints... Now because of this foolish decision we need to pay to get it removed..
    What a nut case law we need to abide by...
    people in the south( blr) can we do something , at least a letter of dissatisfaction to the commissioner would work?
    We still have some time guys .. Lets at least do something?

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Quote from "The Hindu" goes like that... 70/50 should be doable right even for indians who become important once in 5 yrs right?
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If the root of this order is a petition by an indian why not other Indian can challenge it via the same route?
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    That is what I'm saying.. Someone with very little sense clearly has filed a petition.. Now we can "with more sense and facts prove him wrong.
    But as everything here, its easy to do wrong things while extra hard to get it back on track and that's the reason I'm asking for everyones help
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    For me, this whole drama appears to be one of the biggest scam to cheat Aam Aadmi. Now that it was banned, tint film installers will now have huge demand from customers to get the films removed from their cars. I am damn sure that this verdict is going to be appealed by someone some time later and there are high chances of this verdict taken back. Now, the tint film installers can start earning again for installing the films :D.

It looks like a collective scam of judiciary, govt. and the manufacturers to rip off the common man.