1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Capital letters in a website and he expects us to support this
    What a nonsense. ..anyway were don't have shortage of such things here anyway
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Maybe his next petition would be to ban public transport completely.
    Sexual assault happens in running trains more than in running cars. Terrorists travel more in public transport(taxis trains).
    Kids and adults have been kidnapped on scooters and motorcycles too by known people without the person even knowing that he is being kidnapped.
    What next set speed limit to 5 km/hr so that if any pedestrian/cycle waala sees something happening wrong in a car he can stop the car and beat the wrong doers and be Super Hero
    According to that guy logic even homes should be completely transparent so that other can see if someone is hiding weapons, kidnapped someone or is raping someone.

Would that person or Government give us some compensation on the amount we would loose on sunfilms which were supposedly road legal and certified by govt. and RTO's when we got them installed. It seems it would have been better to put 100% Black tints which we get within 1k rs atleast we would not have lost thousands of rupees that way.

Any ideas on how to remove film from the defogger equipped rear glass without damaging defogger strips ?
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  3. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    Read in News Paper today : Around 987 cars punished in One n Half hour which is with Black tinted film and more then 100000 Rs.:punch collect find from them in Rajkot city.

BR.
  4. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    This ruling is utter nonsense. Why cant team-fiat members stage a protest (peaceful ofcourse) against this ruling? Think of it please.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do we have any details how to remove it, specially on rear windscreen with defogger.

I think Fiat cars already have tints from factory.
  6. I read through the entire judgement http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.gov.in/images/pressroom/pdf/SC_tintedglass.pdf
    No where in the judgement SC has not take account the reduction of radiation due to presence of films, most of the other types of lights in energy spectrum creates heat can affect the health of the cars occupant.
    I have street legal films on my car but looks like i will be forced to take it off.
    Radio->Collective oscillation of charge carriers in bulk material (plasma oscillation). An example would be the oscillation of the electrons in an antenna.
    Microwave through far infrared--> Plasma oscillation, molecular rotation
    Near infrared-->Molecular vibration, plasma oscillation (in metals only)
    Visible -->Molecular electron excitation (including pigment molecules found in the human retina), plasma oscillations (in metals only)
    Ultraviolet-->Excitation of molecular and atomic valence electrons, including ejection of the electrons (photoelectric effect)
    X-rays-->Excitation and ejection of core atomic electrons, Compton scattering (for low atomic numbers)
    Gamma rays-->Energetic ejection of core electrons in heavy elements, Compton scattering (for all atomic numbers), excitation of atomic nuclei, including dissociation of nuclei
    High-energy gamma rays-->Creation of particle-antiparticle pairs. At very high energies a single photon can create a shower of high-energy particles and antiparticles upon interaction with matter.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The only radiation that is a concern for us is infrared, visible and UV. Out of it the UV is the most dangerous and and almost all good quality films reject it almost 100%.
    The other type of radiations are not relevant here.:)
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I just heard about some incident of sun-films removed by cops in Chennai. :(. This is not good.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ramjin, just accept it, we all have to remove it.

Some cars comes with some kind of curtains (I think T-Jet also have it) to protect from Sun. Can't it be fitted to other cars.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Mods Note - Post deleted.
    Please restraint your post.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2012