1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

@cuty red

That is the temperature of the outside weather not your cabin :-D
  2. I know Aaron bhai .. I have mentioned the same in my post .. I was just saying that without the sun films cabin temp will show more than the outside temp .

3. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Well, i was talking about south, not north. So it still stands. It will take time for the ruling to reach south. :D

I hope, it never reaches south. For instance, look at the restriction for smoking in public, in Bangalore they hardly caught anyone for smoking in public till now. Recently, i heard they are charging people for puffing in public. If my memory is anything to go by, the ruling came 3 or 4 years back.
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
  4. mayank

mayank Amatore

today i went on for a long drive after having my sunfilm removed..have to say that AC is pretty much failure without it..there is only that nice cool air coming from the vents but the cooling inside the cabin isnt really convincing even after putting it on full for around 20mins!! All this took place at afternoon at around 1pm when the sun is at its peak and the temp nowadays is going around 36deg here!! if the same ruling persists then i wud rather prefer to travel in AC buses on long routed which has got both curtains and tinted glasses!!
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

It's sad.You see now how it's gonna affect your fuel efficiency big time.The most pain would be when your car would be fully loaded with 5 people.Im pretty worried :-(
  6. mayank

mayank Amatore

ya i am feeling soo much disappointed at the moment!! cuz there is no way out to beat the indian summer without any sunfilm or rollerblinds!! i think the best way to protest against it is either to start a movement on tweeter and involve as many ppl as we can and if possible then involve some big celebrities in it or their can be another way of putting black ribbons in "X" shape on bonnet of our cars in the form of protest against this ban!! that may atleast gain attention of media and high profile politicians of our states or at the central level
  7. sungoa2010

What about helmet. There are lot of attack against females by people wearing helmet. Terrorists use helmet to escape after attack.
    So soon court will order that nobody should wear helmet.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

I read somewhere that there is a PIL that is going to be filed on Monday at the SC about this issue.
    Is it true?
    Also , worst case scenario would be this, If the tints does become a huge problem I would probably sacrifice some aesthetics for getting a curtain that's all.

And has the SC not thought about this?
    If the heat becomes unbearable then many cars will opt for this feature and guess what in a tinted glass one can see something at least. If one has curtains then there is 100% opacity , then what will the SC do I wonder.

9. singh

singh Amatore

I think SC will give stay or take decision back or make some visibility laws in few days . How FILM companies will survive , How Film installers will survive. Summers In NORTH are brutal (41-47degree is normal), For sure the orders will be taken back . I will take internal routes(long ones) to office for few days.
  10. mayank

mayank Amatore

Here is the website of the person who filed this stupid PIL..!!