1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Despite the tints being a 'done decision', I came across this and figured it made sense to post it.

How do I protect myself from UV rays?

"An obvious but very important way to limit your exposure to UV light is to avoid being outdoors in direct sunlight too long. This is particularly important between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm, when UV light is strongest. If you are unsure about the strength of the sun’s rays, use the shadow test: if your shadow is shorter than you are, the sun’s rays are the strongest, and it is important to protect yourself.

UV rays reach the ground all year, even on hazy days, but the strength of UV rays can be different based on the time of year and other factors. The UV rays become more intense in the spring, even before temperatures get warmer. People in some areas may get sunburned when the weather is still cool because they may not think about protecting themselves if it’s not hot out. Be especially careful on the beach or in areas with snow because sand, water, and snow reflect sunlight, increasing the amount of UV radiation you receive. UV rays can also reach below the water’s surface, so you can still get a burn even if you’re in the water and feeling cool.

Some UV rays can also pass through windows. Typical car, home, and office windows block most of the UVB rays but a smaller portion of UVA rays, so even if you don’t feel you’re getting burned your skin may still get some damage. Tinted windows help block more UVA rays, but this depends on the type of tinting. UV radiation that comes through windows probably doesn’t pose a great risk to most people unless they spend long periods of time close to a window that receives direct sunlight."

This is significant because professional drivers (taxi, bus, truck) are exposed to UVA rays much more than the rest of us. I assume they would be at higher risk of developing skin cancer.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

See, it is with the drivers consent that the license is destroyed. His first consent is collecting the FIR, then he goes to the mobile court, confesses his violation and pays the fine. All these actions confirm the violation. Once these violations are accepted, the RTO have the authority to destroy the license. Simple.They have followed the law and the directive is endorsed by the designated court .

Abdul
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I also feel about this DUI issue as something that is treated as a black mark in the indian context.
    Even today people who drink are considered to be the evil sort (boy or girl doesn't matter). Parents dont approve of this if they get to know there children are drinking.
    Eventually this has extrapolated into the older generation who look at us in a bad way.

Now parents dont accept drinking so there kids take the car out (because if they take a taxi or an auto and return late parents are obviously suspicious in thinking, "Why my kid is taking a taxi when there is already a car he can drive). folks enjoy a round of partying and more often than not they will have a couple of pints more than they should and exceed the limit (which btw is determined not by an analyzer but by a constable who puts his head into the car and smells for alcohol). Naturally since the parents are unaware of this and kids dont want to get caught they bribe the cops . Easy money for them and they develop on it , so on and so on .

Sometimes I feel the culture we indians so proudly think of has to undergo a major change for our own well being or else this kind of a cat and mouse game is going to ruin the whole country soon, not that its hasn't already!!
  4. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    There lies the problem. This may sound scandalous but ask any lawyer and they will tell you that you should never confess to anything. Let the judge rule based on the evidences presented to him/her/them. Police don't really care that the "right" people are off the street, they just deal with statistics because finally that's what gets reported/evaluated, which is a shame really.
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    The offender always has the option to contest and engage the service of the lawyer. This can be done prior to accepting the FIR. Extreme guilt consciousness is the reason to confess and speed up the matters to either get the car released or get the license back .If a person is booked without reason especially an offence like drunk driving, do you think he will accept without a contest? He will go to any length to disprove the police.

Inspite of me warning, my friend got caught for drinking and driving last week. The breathalyser showed a faint level and an argument ensued .He was charged for some other offence and paid a 500 buck bribe. The officer told my friend that his behavior and candid talk is what made him show leniency and told him to consider himself very lucky. My fiend is a BE elec.!!

Abdul
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Almost 80-90% of the cars in Chennai which I see still have sunfilms. Also, I do not see that owners are fined for having sunfilms in Chennai.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Its the same in bangalore too! atleast 50-60% of the cars still have sunfilm..
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Wait till a festival comes by or some drive to achieve a target is declared. The cops will start implementing it again, selectively as usual. The funny part is - My Palio had CR70, which I promptly removed when the ban was brought into force and I was never stopped even once, till I upgraded to the T-Jet. I never put any films on the Jet, but have been stopped at least thrice so far, suspecting that I have film :D

Rajan
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I was also stopped couple of times after having removed the films completely during the initial days of the ban. after checking they told "saar, your car is black so it looks like it has sunfilm"!!
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I still see cars with films here in Bangalore may be some relaxation