1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    The government is proposing some idiotic law that will enable insurance company's to refuse to honour your insurance is your car has sun film's. It's clear now that all problems in this country have been solved and the only issue remaining is that of sun film's. Idiotic laws!

I have been talking for years about rejecting insurance of those rider's who meet with an accident and are found not wearing helmet's. But seems like the 2 wheeler's rider's lives are of no consequence to the government.
    1 person likes this.
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Amit

You have constitutional right to make comment on working of Govt.

But as this is public forum.
    On public forum you should use decent language.

The word " Idiotic Law" is not good about any Law.
    All Laws & Acts are based on Constitution of India.
    I think you are insulting Constitution by using non-parliamemtry words.

I understand your feelings. But you could express your feelings in right words.

About helmet I will say whenever Govt. tries to bring any new amendment in the public interest public resist it.

Indian person pays 2000 bucks for night party easily but he will not purchase a helmet of Rs.2000 for his safety.

When Govt made compulsion of helmet people denied it.

A dialogue from movie 'Gangaajal'.
    " Samaaj ko pulice waise hi milti hai jaisa samaaj hota hai"
    2 people like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I don't think the term 'Idiotic' is that serious to be called as an insult to the constitution.

This is not the only 'Idiotic' thing but there are many more. We would completely move to OT if start debating this.

Remember that we are not saint to not to criticize whatever is done and proposed by our lawmakers.
    Last edited: May 11, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. We as citizens make constitution not constitution makes us.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Not in sync with times maybe more appropriate. I know that is what you mean by Idiotic and you are right, though a bit harsh. Also, if we never question the veracity of any law, no matter how outdated, then change becomes impossible. Also, it is just a matter of language. We like to say "Passed away" instead of dead, "Make love" instead of you know what. The meaning conveyed is the same.

Absoultely.

Rajan
    Last edited: May 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Sometimes I wonder if we need laws at all because none is obeyed honestly. We have the follwoing laws to ensure traffic discipline. Simple examples - Dont drink and drive, dont jump red light, dont drive rashly, wear helmet, wear seat belt, no sunfilms...etc but how many citizens are in honest compliance ? Sadly very few. Going around the law seems to give thrill. Has education made much difference ? Not much again. In chennai, I can find many highly educated openly flouting the law on most counts. You can find an engineer with a laptop backpack riding with the helmet on the fuel tank, no seat belt, driving rashly, drinking and driving ( includes my personal friends too ). I am sure many among us in this forum are more responsible on most counts as we come across and discuss such issues and tend to be law abiding. Unless people change and cooperate, nothing will change in this country. It will take a long time.

Violation has reached humongous levels that laws that are uncomfortable are required in the short term at least, or else our environment will become a jungle

In Chennai, the cops have become very severe on the case of drunken driving. Cancellation of license is rampant. The process is like this. Once caught with alcohol breath, you are asked to leave the vehicle and come to the police station with the original license. A challan is issued at the police station and you are asked to pay the fine in the mobile court who the Police say, will give back the license. After payment at the mobile court, they advice you to go to the RTO to collect the license. When you go to the RT office they will tell you that the license has been destroyed. It is very serious. You cant get a license forever as they are with photo, endorsed with PAN and ration card details. Cant even get a fake. So caution is advised.

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    laws are only needed in the court of law which get argued over and over and over and over again for centuries and that's all.
    When it comes down to laws , its only for those who want to follow it.
    Every indian is "The president of India" here . I wonder why we need just 1 at all!!

PS :: I started wearing seat belts and helmets the day i bought respective vehicles and always allowed folks to sit in my car only if they wore belts. Front and rear.
    Now that its a law , we follow it only when there is a cop around and almost immediately remove it thereafter .

I've seen the so called educated gentlemen and women driving BMW/mercs and rolling up belts at the sight of cops the moment i see them I only wish one thing. Let them meet with an accident perhaps then they will know why things are the way they are.
    1 person likes this.
  8. KayGeeFIAT

KayGeeFIAT

Chennai
    Being a Chennaite I've seen this very welcome enforcement. It occurs not only in the 'hot spots' of ECR / OMR but also in the heart of the city especially on weekends. They are quite strict. And I very honoured to say that now a days Chennai cops do NOT accept the baksish for anything. You just cannot get away without paying the penalty (unless of course you happen to have the coveted Jhanda of any of the various political parties flying on your bonnet). Quite often if the officer on duty feels - they force you to either leave the vehicle on the spot and collect it next day or worse have you call your home and have any (sober) relative come and pick it up! Kudos. Hopefully it will bring down the alarming drunken driving stats plaguing the city.
    1 person likes this.
  9. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    If they are cancelling licenses without a confirmed blood report of being over the limit, then I'm pretty sure somebody will take them to court. That said though, people ought to know when not to drive.
    Last edited: May 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Very True.

Law enforcement has always been selective in India. I would have been happy if they had done the license suspensions legally not that destroying the licenses and then informing to the concerned person.

While we are praising the Chennai police for this action, the same Chennai police did not take any action when our fellow member Cuty Red's Punto was destroyed by a speeding truck driver. The same Chennai police did not take any action when our member Linealover's Linea was hit hard by a speeding BMW X5 (money power?). The police advised me to pay compensation to a drunkard motor cyclist when he hit my car at rear (I was idle actually) and injured himself and damaged the taillights in my car as well. Reason - I was driving bigger vehicle than him. I was made to take him to the hospital and pay compensation to that drunkard.

Finally, I am not trying to defend anyone who is violating the law. I am criticizing some laws and many of selective law enforcement. From the day I got a bike, I wear the helmet always (even before all these so called enforcement came in). From the day my Daughter was born, I always use Child restraint system in my car even when there is no such safety enforcement in our country.

While some us are hell bound to say that we should respect the judgement of the supreme court, we should also expect the Government to respect all the judgement from the Supreme court. Almost all the states in India have disregarded the SC by not enforcing the High Security Registration Plate system for almost 4-5 years now. Multiple deadlines from SC has passed.
    Last edited: May 12, 2013
    5 people like this.