1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Yes they have. But not as good as Toyota cars. Fiat tints are very mild, almost like clear glass. Etios tints are slightly darker like 15% film maybe.

Sent from my Moto Defy+ via Tapatalk
  2. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Looks like cops have started going tough and fining cars again?

Sent from my Motorola Defy+ via Tapatalk app
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Two weeks back, cops caught me near Mankhurd, & asked me to remove the tints asap. :(

Then just drove to Vashi sec 17 & removed all the tints except the rear one & after coming to pune back removed the rear also.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Also removed the Film from all the 4 Windows, except the Rear. The Grande is more Roomy now....
    Cost for Removal IRS.: 250.00
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    The total cost for removing the tins is 350/- includes 4 windows & front windscreen.
    + spirit used for removing all remaining glue from all glasses including rear one.

Cost of spirit is not added as I took it from my wife's clinic :)
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    For those who still have sun control film on and planning on getting rid of it, it is a simple DIY:

1. Park car for couple of hours in the sun - for colder climates and cloudy days, use a hair dryer to warm up the glass
    2. Prepare a very mild solution of water (room temp) and dish washing liquid and fill a spray bottle
    3. When the glass is quite hot to the touch, gently pry one edge of the film from any corner of the window
    4. Now start spraying the liquid in the gap between the film and glass, while pulling the film away from the glass
    5. Constant firm pulling works best. No hard tugs on the film
    6. Done correctly, you should get the film off in one piece with almost zero glue residue on the glass
    7. For those glue spots left behind, spray some more of the mixture and rub vigorously with any soft lint free cloth
    8. Microfibre cloth not recommended, unless you plan on throwing it away. The glue sticks to the cloth and does not let go easily
    9. Do whatever, but DO NOT use a scotchbrite pad (the green one used in the kitchen). It will scratch the glass badly.
    10. Now with the Rs. 250 / Rs. 350 you saved, get some beer / watch a movie / buy a perfume bottle for the car :D

Rajan
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
    2 people like this.
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    That's a good DIY patichyboy. :)
    I applied the same technique to remove the rear tints to save the defogger.
    But instead of hair dryer, I first heated the defogger for 10 min then started the process carefully.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    That's some good news brother. Are they doing it now?? After some delays, finally I am moving to Hyderabad this month for a year atleast and his shop might be the first thing i visit. I was looking for something like this for quite some time.
  9. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I have removed the films from my City. Last month I had to drive a couple times to Mumbai towards Hinduja Hospital (Mom was admitted there) and few times to Andheri. Once I had a cop follow me from Sion to Dharavi on his bike :shocked and the second time a cop stopped me in heavy traffic near the Bandra bridge. I did slow down which resulted in lots of honking from all sides but as there was heavy traffic and he did not move from his position, I thought he gave up and so I drove off. At the next signal two cops jumped in front of my car and stopped me like I was Kasab! What was odd was that there was a huge traffic jam from Hinduja hospital right till the Bandra bridge but all that the cops were doing were standing in the shade under the bridge and looking out for sun films instead of ensuring that the traffic was flowing.

Last Friday, a cop stopped me at Vashi when I was in my Punto. After all this tamasha every time, I thought it's better to take off the film from one of my car. Since the City's A/C is better then the Punto's, I felt it will be able to handle the heat better. Let's see how it goes but I feel the way things are going I will have to get the film's off the Punto as well. It seems like there is no other traffic issue in our country today apart from sun films.

Last Friday was a bad day. I was driving to Lonavala in the morning around 11 on the expressway doing about 90kmph when a couple of cops with speed guns stopped me for over speeding. It was my fault that I stopped because there were other cars zooming past at 130 - 150kmph & the cops did nothing. Maybe it was my Kasab expreince that made me stop but I asked why I was stopped for doing 90kmph in a 80 zone when cars doing much more were not stopped? The idiotic cop gave me some fund on how when you cast a net some fish escape and some get caught. I felt like punching him for that nonsense but then I was not a MP or MLA to get away with that so I told him it was not fair what they were doing. Without even asking if I had a licence, he asked me to pay Rs.100 and go. It's only in this country with our idiotic cops that I can be stopped & fined for overspeeding for doing 10kmph over the speed limit. That same day in the evening I was stopped in Vashi for sun films! That was surely a bad day for me!
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Just watched the news in a Tamil News Channel (Puthiya Thalaimurai) that Coimbatore police has started crack down on Black Sun films on cars.

The most rubbish part is that the TV news channel itself judged that the main reason for the crimes is usage of sun films. News channels are supposed to report only news and leave the judgement to its viewers. Unfortunately, I haven't come across a TV news Channel in India that does this.