1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

^^ And the original petitioner wins. He wanted 100% VLT, afterall :evilsmile

2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Didn't the link work for you? It is taking me to the old post of mine.

No. I did not refer your post. :D
  3. mayank

mayank Amatore

@gujji 22ji ::V i guess even open jeeps(landis) are not allowed(according to rumours)...specially in chandigarh!! but i agree with your opinion :D
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

This topic was getting way too serious, so i injected some humor!! :):p

In my opinion, only bullock carts should be allowed on the roads for civilians ( Rich people can take two or three++ bullocks per cart). So that the police can catch criminals in Hot Pursuit style quickly.
    2 people like this.
  5. @gurjinder bhai the car would become a sports car??
    with closed top?
    and air blowing into your eyes and face for the special effects ;)
  6. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Bullock carts is a good idea. I foresee new kinds of straw to make the bullocks go faster. I also foresee some kind of legislation to clean up after the bullock.
    1 person likes this.
  7. KayGeeFIAT

Is 70% - Please see one of my earlier posts on this.

BTW here's a story of how I hoodwinked the cops.

Factory tinted 70% VLT glasses are 'within the law' but in the blazing Chennai climate - almost useless. So I got Sun control films of 70% VLT pasted OVER the factory tinted glasses and guess what the 70% x 70% i.e 49% (hope I got the math correct!) was though not exactly what is required but did cut down the glare/light /uv to make it quite bearable.

Chennai cops are pretty strict on the sun control film thing and keep stopping you! As recently as a week ago a squad car stopped my car (which has significantly dark windows) - literally licking their chops in anticipation of penalising me with the standard fine and adding to their daily 'quota' of fines.! But lo-behold - i showed them the factory fitted and stamped marks on all the windows/glasses and said - what's the problem - they are all factory fitted and certified - look!!! And sheepfacedly the cops let me go!!! Only hope they don't catch on to this!!!
  8. KayGeeFIAT

This is where the INTERPRETATION of the law is in question. The CMV law (which is what the SC is interpreting and ruling and the SC CANNOT make any law) clearly states that the visibility be 'MAINTAINED' at 70% for WINDSHIELD and REAR WINDOWS but can be MAINTAINED at 50% on the side windows. That - (as any Judge with a common sense and no bias) would not effectively BAN sun films- unless that again is a MIS-Interpretation of the local police forces!
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. vaisakhdutt

can any one say whether the new punto 2012 has tinted glass ?

Another methods for sun film - To reduce the heat inside car as well as not using the sun film ?

- - - Merged Post - - -

can any one say whether the new punto 2012 has tinted glass ?

Another methods for sun film - To reduce the heat inside car as well as not using the sun film ?
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

All Fiats have tinted glasses. Open the door near a white wall and you can clearly see the tint.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2