1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. Wait for some time,there will be a law suit against modifying the headlights like increasing the wattage or changing to projector headlamps.
    I am tempted to go for Projector lamps but for such people who can ruin my investment.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Even after the supreme court verdict Delhi Government failed to implement it. The recent rape case in a public bus with tinted glass is the best example.
    1 person likes this.
  3. True Sun, but i do care about the law and hate even being stopped by a Traffic police so with that mind set , I will be first to remove the modifications.
    For sunfilm my wife removed it even before i could thing of removing it.
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Well, I was getting brickbats on this forum for my practical comments that were exposing the dark side of these films !!

Abdul
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I see this differently.

If I get frequent headache, I should search for the root cause and find a remedy instead of just taking a pain killer always. It wouldn't be a permanent solution to cure my headache. :)
    2 people like this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If law and order demand it I don't have any problem in supporting removal of sun film. The problem is that the error in implementation of uprooting the root cause is so huge that it doesn't make any sense to such a hurry that court had taken. It could have been in a phase by phase manner. It is like demanding a micrometer to measure the dimension of a building. What we need is a permanent solution not a painkiller as Ramesh had mentioned.

In Delhi case I would say the government and traffic police are equally responsible because they have created a platform for criminals with their lack of monitoring capability of law and order. Is it not a serious offense to court? Even after the court ruling Traffic police allowed the private bus to go with tinted glass?
    3 people like this.
  7. longdrive

longdrive Timido

Pune
    I dont understand how can a traffic police with height of 5.5 feet can see inside a travel bus with window height @ approx 7 feet..
    Sorry if this has been asked previously; will stick to glass sun screens work? Or the old styled cloth clamped in window?
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Not only traffic police other commuting vehicles like buses and trucks can also see and inform the police.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Ramesh, with a headache, you cant concentrate to work on a solution. Painkillers (while it acts like a deterrent )will give you the time to think clearly and work at the root.

Abdul
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I need not Abdul. I will leave it to respective professionals (here Doctors) to concentrate and work on a solution for my problem. I won't appreciate a pain killer again from the Doctor. :)
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012