1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Thankfully FIAT already provide 70% VLT for front and rear WS and 75% VLT for sides on our rides (atleast i see it mentioned on all the windows on my GP90HP). :-D
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

It is the industry standard buddy, all manufacturers provide the same except for some premium SUVs and cars.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  3. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Thank you for this piece of info, i was not aware of this!!
    May be because these VLT numbers are not mentioned on all vehicles clearly like on the Punto. I have checked on Ford fiesta, some Hyundai/Maruti vehicles and dont see these VLT % mentioned, although it has similar details like company logo and some numbers etc.
    But the mirrors on Punto felt much better (dont look simple plane glass kind) than those on these vehicles, may be am speculating becuase of love for my car :evilsmile
    What do the premium SUVs and Cars have?
  4. That is for VLT only doesn't mean it is blocking UV or Infrared by 30%,God know what kind of skin issues we will face in next summer.
  5. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    Buddy, why invite trouble again. This time it was 100/- but next time might not be that easy. They might even fine higher.

The SC has clearly mentioned NO SUN FILMS. PERIOD. Any kind of stickers/films are not allowed. the shop owners are probably just trying to sell off their old stock. Beware :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, the Supreme court ruling categorically mentions that any sort of film on glasses are not allowed.
    1 person likes this.
  7. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    No man, the judge himself will passout in under the sun. :evilsmile
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    sat, even bikers have skin !! :):)
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    +1 BMW 6-Series 640d Convertible :D:D
  10. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Skin issues is a lame excuse that was also added in the counter petition against the Sunfilm verditct :evilsmile