1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

try dettol hand sanitizer. it worked on my 3m films

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3

Thanks a lot
    yes.. solar dermatitis.. thats the work for me tomorrow evening, go to my doc n get the certificate. But ACP of police?
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  3. You may have to get the ACP/DCP attesting it.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    so finally here it is, escaped from hyd police but not from mumbai police :D

the police peeled off the sun films with the fine of 100 rupees :( at trombay police station...

now i want to apply the sun films,can i apply sun film with 50% visibility ? (the shop owners also said 50% visibility films can be used)
  5. No films as per the judgement,why are taking risk of loosing your money again.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sat,
    but the shopowners are making sale of sunfilms by saying 50% is allowed as per supreme court judgement,hence confused....
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i heard a rumor that here in Kerala 30% is allowed..

- - - Merged Post - - -

i heard a rumor that here in Kerala 30% is allowed..
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    That is exactly what it is - rumor. The SC ruling is crystal clear - No Films - period.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  9. raj29

raj29 Superiore

The SC verdict is clear, any kind of film is not allowed on any of the mirrors/windsheilds on the vehicles. Only tinted glases that provide 70% visibility provided manufacturers are allowed.
    On our puntos we already have factory tinted glases which fulfill this rule and we (or any other vehicle) are not leaglly eligibile for putting any other kind of films.
    1 person likes this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    70% VLT for front and rear windshields, 50% VLT for the windows is allowed if the glass itself is a tinted glass. Soon we can expect manufacturers provide this option of tinted glass as a feature.
    1 person likes this.