1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    Why wait for another fine? Don't you think its better to get them removed ASAP. Its like you will be spending more paying these cops when you can simply get them removed for the same amount. Plus it will give you peace of mind.

They usually inspect all the windows.

Sent from my GT-I9100
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Happened to see this video in FB, Condition of goverment cars in kerala..
  3. Thanks Ramesh. I have successfully removed the 3M Holograms.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    The thing is tints are removed from all windows I've only kept the windshield one because its polorized and reduces the heat quite a bit. I'm really happy with its result so feels really sad to remove it..
  5. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    I understand the pain it might cause but still a rule is a rule. It sucks, but trust me, I had sun films on my Punto and I know how advantageous it is especially for us who stay in Hyderabad. Each year the summer is hotter than ever and I can't imagine how hot it would be this year.

I sincerely believe that this sun film thing is blown out of proportion. For once, I think Honorable Supreme Court has made a mistake by disallowing sun films of all make. Atleast they should have made it 75% transparent films. (I believe I am echoing everyone's thoughts here..)
  6. Did the cops the examined the films on the windshield. Also it happened in Bangalore or outside citi. These days I have seen cops checking for the films and they were checking only the sides and rear.
  7. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    Thats the usual practice praveen but the cops can still check the windshield if they want to. Since people rarely apply film on the windshield, they never bother to check.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yeah they examined but i didn't have luck on my side otherwise I would not have been caught ...
    This is what happened...
    I was driving into the sun and since it was shining quite brightly yday , since my tints are polarized it started to look too dark, actually i had followed the older RTO norms but since it was polarized it looked JET BLACK.
    The cop stopped me and they were very polite and said "Sir your tint is so dark that I could not even see you wearing seat belts, please remove it ....
    So that's how the story went
  9. Her is post I read on Team BHP, might be flaw some of you can exploit:)
    It's been a while since the ban was issued on sun films on vehicles. In Bangalore, there was drive by Traffic cops to stop each and every vehicle and fine or remove the sun films on the spot. But, due to Flaw I had stated earlier in my posts (refer the links provided below) with respect to the same Supreme Court ORDER, I am still using the sun films and roam around Bangalore City during peak traffic every day. I have been made to stop by the cops couple of times, and I always quote my view and to my luck most of them didn't fine me (touch wood).

I might just be lucky enough to walk free. Doesn't imply its an alternative.

You can get health/Skin disease certificate from doc's where few ppl's skin might be allergic to sun, like I have got the certificate from Doc and attested signature of ACP Traffic and keep it in car all the time.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2805294 (Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2801625 (Car tints banned by HC! EDIT: Supreme Court bans all kinds of sunfilms in cars)
    1 person likes this.
  10. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    I tried detergent this morning, but the 3M imprint was not gone. It is not a hologram I believe :(