1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. punto-er

punto-er Amatore

Bengaluru
    I was contemplating getting films for my Jet, but after reading your comments and suggestions I think I shudn't put money down the drain. Thing is I am forced to park in the SUN and the interiors get like a Oven so thought of getting the films to reduce the effect. What do you guys suggest?
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you are too much worried about the heat. Go for 3M CR70. I don't think cops can identify this film on the windows. It is very good in heat rejection but too expensive.
    1 person likes this.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    If an over-enthusiastic cop asks you to roll down the window and feels the edges, your money will go down the drain. Any kind of film is a gamble. I had very light films in my Palio, which I promptly removed and was never stopped. Got stopped twice in Bangalore after getting the Linea and both times, the cop wanted to feel the edges of the window glass to ensure that there is no film.

Rajan
  4. Even I was thinking of getting the CR 70,the cops have become oversmart nowadays,so I would have to think twice before I gamble by putting the film...

Just wondering is there any paint or sealant which can be done over the glasses so that it rejects heat?:confused
  5. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Can we Do tinting For Car like our "Home Sliding Windows" ??
  6. While i had been JC Road in bangalore to get engine oil for my car , I saw a sun film being installed in the brand new dezire!!
    I stopped by to take look it was completely transparent costing 4500 for entire car , there was no difference in the visibility at all but can not command on the it's ability reject heat casing UV rays.
    Installer claimed that he is doing it for at least five new cars a day!!
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Cops can still ask him to remove it as court doesn't allow even 100% transparent film.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No. The car may be an eye sore for them. They won't pay much attention to this car. ;)
    1 person likes this.
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    3M films have a running hologram all over. You don't even need the cops to feel the edge. A closer inspection would reveal the glass is filmed!

Not to mention that this is a very expensive gamble! the 3M CR70 on my TJet windscreen cost me 7.5k! I had indeed inquired about similar offering from VKool last Sep for the whole car and I think he said close to 40k.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That running hologram can be cleared very easily. That is what I have done in the CR70 in my car's windshield.