1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. lowflier

lowflier Amatore

South Florida
    I had to cough up 100 bucks for the tint on my rear window. Well, my car is Andhra Pradesh registered and I am currently using it in Chennai. The cop (actually there were a bunch of em ;)) stopped me on my way to office at Tharamani, I was coming from Tiruvanmiyur RTO. The moment he looked at the reg plate, he stopped me (I have been using this route for the last 3 months and nobody ever stopped me) and said show me the NOC. I said I travel quite frequently between Hyderabad and Chennai, he asked how can you prove it (actually I was waiting for this question). I slapped the toll receipts and the fuel bills on his face, well I kept smiling and he did too. Then he came closer and started checking the windows for the tint, I had removed them already. He was like what is this on the rear glass I cant see anything inside - I told him its company fitted and I cant remove it because of the warranty issues. He was actually waiting for me to agree that there is some kinda tint and there you go, he got an opportunity. He said dont you know the apex court ruling and blah blah..while doing that he prepared a receipt for 100 bucks. I was like :mad:
    Is there a way to escape this guys ? I dont want to remove the tint on my rear windshield either !
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I ve got the contact of a person who does tinting. Have to check how he does.. Will be meeting him tomorrow !!
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    my car still has tints on the front windshield and so far I've been lucky all through the southern states.
    My suggestion is wait till you get fined for the 2nd time and then get it removed.
    It might be a long time before you get fined (unless you are really unlucky ;-) )
  4. Hey guys today I dropped by 3M store in Indiranagar as I wanted some solution for the tint,came across CR70 films,they have 70% visibility,and 70% heat rejection,they quoted 16k+tax for the four windows,and 7k for front windshield,is this worth it?I dont want cops to tear it down,as I get flagged down due to WB reg,i dont want this to be an issue..Do you all think cops are smart enough to find out??
    1 person likes this.
  5. I have put 3M CR70 for the front windshield for 5600 Rs and was given a quote of 14000 for the side and rear. This was not done from a 3M shop.
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    IMO, any kinds of tints, be it even 80% visibility is not allowed according to the new rule. I don't think that cops would be checking the visibility and would be only interested in tints of any kind. But, I guess one can go for front windshield tint as many of them would not expect us to have a tint only on the windshield. I also observed that the heat through windshield which later is absorbed by the black dash board tends to contribute the most, in the cabin getting heated fast.

BTW, a very bad news for Hyderabadis. Saw in one of the news channels that this stupid rule of not having tints will be levied from 25th of this month.

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

IMO, any kinds of tints, be it even 80% visibility is not allowed according to the new rule. I don't think that cops would be checking the visibility and would be only interested in tints of any kind. But, I guess one can go for front windshield tint as many of them would not expect us to have a tint only on the windshield. I also observed that the heat through windshield which later is absorbed by the black dash board tends to contribute the most, in the cabin getting heated fast.

BTW, a very bad news for Hyderabadis. Saw in one of the news channels that this stupid rule of not having tints will be levied from 25th of this month.
  7. @N Kiran,thanks for the info,but me and my wife have got severe migraine,and during the day the heat from the side windows kills us literally,and we can do nothing about it,and it gets worse by using AC..Is there no option for heat rejection???
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Kiran, In Hyderabad drive will start from 25th Oct.

It has been published on all local news channel & News Papers.

IN TOI Pics was posted with Cops were removing ACP ( Traffic) C.V. Anand's car and its was posted. Except Z & Z+ Category all others have to follow the tint norms specified by MV Act.

In the first few weeks of Implementation, motorist will be penalised Rs 500 and subsequently it might be hiked depending on the complience by Vehicle Owner.

Seems, We have to remove tint before 25th. Seems it will be stringent in Hyderabad & AP.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Yes Kiran, In Hyderabad drive will start from 25th Oct.

It has been published on all local news channel & News Papers.

IN TOI Pics was posted with Cops were removing ACP ( Traffic) C.V. Anand's car and its was posted. Except Z & Z+ Category all others have to follow the tint norms specified by MV Act.

In the first few weeks of Implementation, motorist will be penalised Rs 500 and subsequently it might be hiked depending on the complience by Vehicle Owner.

Seems, We have to remove tint before 25th. Seems it will be stringent in Hyderabad & AP.
  9. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Last week when I went to J C Road I saw loads of cars which were lined up for installing cooling paper on all windows...cost is 900Rs..total..

Is this legal??

It was almost transparent..
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    IMG_4539.jpg
    Here is one solution to this.... Static mesh mats.. No glue nothing. it sticks onto the windows by static energy. A friend got this from hyderabad reliance automart for 130 bucks for a pair!! when u see the police, just pull it and put it back once u pass them!!
    2 people like this.