1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"From Friday, any tinted film on car windows will be illegal" - Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Rituraj, May 2, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Does anyone have any update on this? Suddenly, there is lot of silence? Is the crackdown still going on?
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes Ramjn, the crackdown is still active here in Chandigarh but not as actively as it once was at the beginning with traffic police constables sniffing like dogs at traffic lights and nakas.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    When I was driving to Tyre Zone, Manimarja, Chandigarh with PaddleShifter going ahead of me on 25 Sep 2012, a police constable approached me while waiting for signal at a rotary and asked me to remove the sun-screen at the rear window of my Linea. When I pointed out that it came with the car as original equipment, he insisted on removing it. Then, I assured him that I would remove it after reaching my destination and rolled it back promptly.
  4. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

dehradun
    i say bro,its a stupid decision 2 ban all sorts of sunfilms.most of the indian places have extreme weather conditions,nd without sunfilms our car would become a burning car in summer season.:uh dictatorship:uh
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For the first time, i was caught yday and fined 100 bucks... Even though it offered full visibility both from inside and outside alike,(its 50% visibility )i argued with him for sometime,though i know about it, hoping to let me go..He then made us roll down the window n touched the edges and insisted on his point that any 'FILMS' are banned but there is no rule as yet on Tinted glass, I ve started to hunt for those and will be back with a solution soon :)
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am currently in US and the tints are allowed in the state where I live. There has to be at least 20% visibility on side windows which means that even films like CS20 are legal here.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  7. Its really tough to live without sunfilms :ban,the car is always a solar furnace.:A..and moreover the prying eyes at every signal really irritates me,I wonder how much has the crime rate has decreased by the ban of sunfilms..:confused

Guys is there any transparent good heat rejection sunfilm??:anyone
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The need of the hour is a proper law for vehicles for this modern era including the secured number plates for the vehicles. Unfortunately, our lawmakers are not at all interested for the safety, security and the rights for the consumers.
  9. rahul16

rahul16

Cochin
    Varun.. watch out if your coming to cochin... Fine is on the higher end. Few days back my friend was charged with 1000 bucks though it was not too dark.Even i was forced to remove it. Man the heat is getting to my nerves while driving... need to find something.
  10. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Woww.....Navi Mumbai'ker's Must be Too Much Lucky !!.....No One checking here at all !!:D